Espn Projected Miami Dolphins Depth Chart Released....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Projected Miami Dolphins Depth Chart Released.......

...and why are sites continually listing Amendola ahead of Wilson as the slot receiver? Did they pay Wilson $8M per year ($14.4M GTD, $4M Signing) and Amendola $6M per year ($6M GTD, 0 Signing) for Wilson to be the backup 4th receiver? I doubt that's how they envisioned it.

Can albert wilson be successful on the outside of devante parker lays an egg or gets injured again?

Anyone remember when ESPN was a dream job for many kids who loved sports. I thought to be a Sportscenter anchor would be the best job in the world.
It would probably be that way if ESPN was still the only sports network and they hired the best of the best. Basically the same with all tv in general. There are so many networks now that crap is everywhere.

Apparently we also play a 3-3 scheme!? ESPN is soooo bad at what they do. They are like that guy that did good for themselves and then just got fat and lazy.

Idiots in the media.... Grier has made it clear that Fitzpatrick will be a safety, and he still has him listed with the CBs.

Also, I don't see Amendola starting over Wilson. He'll be more of a package/situational player who will rotate. They're going to be cautious with his playing time as New England was.

TJ will be a big part of this defense (if all his legal issues check out). But Minkah will be your starter at FS.

TJ will be that 3rd safety/nickel LB . . . the plan we "always" had for him.

Can albert wilson be successful on the outside of devante parker lays an egg or gets injured again?

I'm guessing based on the personnel that Gase brought in he will be working with bunch formations and aligning the receivers inside the numbers to keep the WR's bunched up. Start utilizing pick and rub routes and give WR's the option of going in or out depending on coverage. Helps them get open quick. They are not pinned to the sideline and it keeps the DB's guessing.

Wilson can definitely operate in that environment as well as when he lines up in the backfield and runs it.

We can use those concepts as well as the Y-Iso with Gesicki isolated one on one as well as 12 personnel off play action with Smythe, who I think is going to surprise some people making a few big plays a game.

This offense should be much more versatile with the bunch we have now instead of predominantly running 1 RB, 1TE and 3 WR all the time.

Drake 4:45 40
Ballage 4:46
Parker 4:45
Stills 4:38
Grant 4:38
Gesicki 4:54
Wilson 4:43

Good luck covering that group.

TJ will be a big part of this defense (if all his legal issues check out). But Minkah will be your starter at FS.

TJ will be that 3rd safety/nickel LB . . . the plan we "always" had for him.
Have a feeling this is the role that suits him best as well. I'm excited to see what types of looks Burke throws out there. We've got a lot of versatile talent on defense.

I'm guessing based on the personnel that Gase brought in he will be working with bunch formations and aligning the receivers inside the numbers to keep the WR's bunched up. Start utilizing pick and rub routes and give WR's the option of going in or out depending on coverage. Helps them get open quick. They are not pinned to the sideline and it keeps the DB's guessing.

Wilson can definitely operate in that environment as well as when he lines up in the backfield and runs it.

We can use those concepts as well as the Y-Iso with Gesicki isolated one on one as well as 12 personnel off play action with Smythe, who I think is going to surprise some people making a few big plays a game.

This offense should be much more versatile with the bunch we have now instead of predominantly running 1 RB, 1TE and 3 WR all the time.

Drake 4:45 40
Ballage 4:46
Parker 4:45
Stills 4:38
Grant 4:38
Gesicki 4:54
Wilson 4:43

Good luck covering that group.
I’m super excited about Wilson. Just about every time I see a chiefs highlight of either Alex smith or mahomes it’s them passing to Wilson.

Anyone remember when ESPN was a dream job for many kids who loved sports. I thought to be a Sportscenter anchor would be the best job in the world.
This is true and sad at the same time, that depth chart piece was sloppy and lazily put together...what has happened to my once beloved ESPN?

Back when I was younger I interviewed at ESPN. Had a background perfect for a job there and had several people on the production (including the hosts) vouch for me. The hosts said it was basically a formality. The hiring producer proceeded to end my interview with insanely hard sports trivia questions that no one (by his own admission no less) could have known. It was incredibly uncomfortable and then he proceeded to trash my sports knowledge. He went on a rant about how important a “genius level” of sports trivia was to any job there. A few weeks after that, while I was still waiting to hear back, my friends on the production all started looking for other jobs. They said ESPN was a “1950s style company” complete with bosses who screamed at their employees and made everyone feel replaceable. They were all really let down their dream company turned out to be so rough to work at.

I never even got a call back, and I said “screw it” and followed my other dream: kids tv. As a child of 80s cartoons it seemed like a dream career. Well 15 years later I have had an incredibly fulfilling career, have been able to create cartoons myself, have Emmy nods, and have brought happiness to a ton of kids through the programming I’ve been a part of.

...and it’s all because ESPN was and still is a gigantic, steaming pile of ****. I should thank them for how they were. My friends all also went on to work long term at other sports companies, including Fox Sports, CBS Sports and MLB Network.

Sorry to add this long note but people are always bemoaning now awful ESPN has gotten and wonder how it happened. I’ve heard so many stories of how the culture inside that place pushed good qualified people away and made things very tough for the people who did stay. It’s that company’s reputation. Worst part is many of the same execs run things in Bristol, so short of a major change it’s not going to get any better.

Back when I was younger I interviewed at ESPN. Had a background perfect for a job there and had several people on the production (including the hosts) vouch for me. The hosts said it was basically a formality. The hiring producer proceeded to end my interview with insanely hard sports trivia questions that no one (by his own admission no less) could have known. It was incredibly uncomfortable and then he proceeded to trash my sports knowledge. He went on a rant about how important a “genius level” of sports trivia was to any job there. A few weeks after that, while I was still waiting to hear back, my friends on the production all started looking for other jobs. They said ESPN was a “1950s style company” complete with bosses who screamed at their employees and made everyone feel replaceable. They were all really let down their dream company turned out to be so rough to work at.

I never even got a call back, and I said “screw it” and followed my other dream: kids tv. As a child of 80s cartoons it seemed like a dream career. Well 15 years later I have had an incredibly fulfilling career, have been able to create cartoons myself, have Emmy nods, and have brought happiness to a ton of kids through the programming I’ve been a part of.

...and it’s all because ESPN was and still is a gigantic, steaming pile of ****. I should thank them for how they were. My friends all also went on to work long term at other sports companies, including Fox Sports, CBS Sports and MLB Network.

Sorry to add this long note but people are always bemoaning now awful ESPN has gotten and wonder how it happened. I’ve heard so many stories of how the culture inside that place pushed good qualified people away and made things very tough for the people who did stay. It’s that company’s reputation. Worst part is many of the same execs run things in Bristol, so short of a major change it’s not going to get any better.
Thanks for the insight brother, that explains a lot.

Back
Top Bottom