ESPN trading the #2? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN trading the #2?

His Dudeness said:
i like jackson a lot, also, but where did that come from? who said anything about minnesota?

btw, i dont really think surtain was a sleeper, i mean he was a first rounder.

We took Pat in the 2nd round but he still wasn't a sleeper...

along with the guys on sirius nfl radio i believe picks 1-3 will definitely NOT be traded. there is no real value in moving up to them. the quarterbacks this year aren't that good. it's that simple. not every year quarterbacks have to come out and be good. see trent dilfer and heath shuler. if the talent isn't there why waste the pick. there are 3 running backs in the draft and at least 1 probably 2 will fall to pick #4. regardless there isn't that superstar player that's worth trading up into one of the top 3 picks to get and then have to pay that kind of money as well as give up the compensation. it's just that simple people. don't tell me i don't know what we are going to do because i'm not saban. use you f-ing head. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT ONE OF THOSE PICKS???

InMyChambers said:
along with the guys on sirius nfl radio i believe picks 1-3 will definitely NOT be traded. there is no real value in moving up to them. the quarterbacks this year aren't that good. it's that simple. not every year quarterbacks have to come out and be good. see trent dilfer and heath shuler. if the talent isn't there why waste the pick. there are 3 running backs in the draft and at least 1 probably 2 will fall to pick #4. regardless there isn't that superstar player that's worth trading up into one of the top 3 picks to get and then have to pay that kind of money as well as give up the compensation. it's just that simple people. don't tell me i don't know what we are going to do because i'm not saban. use you f-ing head. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT ONE OF THOSE PICKS???

Getting a little sassy there. I think Braylon is a reason.

SuperDuperFan said:
a sleeper who wont go until 3rd round.

A sleeper?????????

A guy who started 4 years at Michigan at CB and free safety???????

He's an early 2nd rounder.

Boomer said:
A sleeper?????????

A guy who started 4 years at Michigan at CB and free safety???????

He's an early 2nd rounder.

He's no sleeper...

He's just a guy that might drop like a rock like Will Poole did. If he's there in third hell I'd definitely draft him.

The ESPN on-screen banner was extremely misleading. Just another example of ESPN as prime distributor of crap.

It said we're "likely" to trade the #2, but if you listened to Mort he said no such thing. Just bantered about how Saban would like to deal it if he can find a trading partner - but that's been hard to find.

I'd hardly say that information justifies calling a deal "likely". ****ing ESPN. :shakeno:

When i said "a sleeper who wont go until 3rd round" i was commenting on someone else calling him a sleeper. And, yes, I think there is a better chance of him going in the third round than at #18 overall, which the previous post stated.

Hostile7 said:
Marlin Jackson broke his wrist... He wasn't even a 1st rounder before it happened. He's probably around the end of 2nd, early 3rd.

Marlin Jackson sprained his wrist and is a late 1st - early 2nd rounder.

Phinphanatic13 said:
Mort thinks the Dolphins will trade down

Again - no. That is NOT what he said. That's what the ESPN banner said.

What Mort said is that the DOlphins would like to trade down, but so far, Saban's without a trading partner.

Hellion said:
Speculation is all at this point.

I'm beginning to hate that word. None of this "speculation" hardly ever happens and it ticks me off. Oh well... I guess that's part of being a sports fan?:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom