espn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

espn

Shamboubou said:
Basically Woody thinks that Ricky coming back wont be good for the Ronnie Phsyc. Smith thinks that it will be good for Ronnie because Ricky whatever his off the field issues are is still a top 5 NFL running back. Also will give Ronnie the opportunity to split carries and not get so much wear and tear before he becomes a premier running back.
Thanks! I can't stand Woody, but I guess I could see where he's coming from with affecting Ronnie psyche... but I really tend to agree with Smith. Especially how if Ricky returns, they will split carries and Ronnie will not get so much wear and tear before he becomes a premier running back. I'm just hoping if Ricky really does come back, that it'll only benefit it us and that they will both prove to be the best RB duo in the NFL by far! :cooldude:

If Ricky does come back, it should work out well for the Dolphins. I see Ronnie having success early while he is fresh. Rookie running backs have to adjust to the 16 game schedule and the intensified pounding of the NFL. As Ronnie wears down a bit, Ricky should be rounding into form (around week 10 or 11). It will take ricky the better half of the season to get back into playing shape and regain his explosiveness--that is if he regains it at all. Ronnie will benefit by learning from a great ball carrier and from seeing things from the sideline that he woudn't see in the game. As for the locker room, if ricky comes in with a positive, humble attitude and the Dolphins win early, he will be forgiven. Winning is the key as it solidifies a squad like nothing else can. I don't remember ever seeing a situation quite like this in sports, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

tay0365 said:
I agree with Smith, even though, I was very upset with what Ricky did, and was telling everyone Ricky would never be a Dolphin again, this is a business, and no matter what Ricky can only help the team, because with Saban, if at any time Ricky becomes a distraction, he will find himself no longer playing for this team.

Ricky is very messed up in the head, but he is a good guy, and would help Ronnie become more ready for the NFL, this is a good thing.

You only perceive his actions with the conclusions he suffers mentally. He needed an 'out' of playing for Dave, drug suspension was an easy one. Then he needed an 'out' to avoid the press, ridicule, phone calls, etc, going on a holiday was the next easy one. Say what you will, everyone has a reason for what they do, we as the public, don't always know the real reason.

If he comes back, I'm all for it. And Ronnie upset and will suffer because of it? Ridiculous.

bigmiamifan said:
You only perceive his actions with the conclusions he suffers mentally. He needed an 'out' of playing for Dave, drug suspension was an easy one. Then he needed an 'out' to avoid the press, ridicule, phone calls, etc, going on a holiday was the next easy one. Say what you will, everyone has a reason for what they do, we as the public, don't always know the real reason.

If he comes back, I'm all for it. And Ronnie upset and will suffer because of it? Ridiculous.

I think you are dead on....when looking back, I was very upset with the way he went out and I'm still a bit ticked, but we wouldn't be in this position had he stayed. I don't think we'd have let go of Wanny and we wouldn't have Saban on board. I understand we've not played a game yet under him, but it's not hard to see that he knows what he's doing and I'm very excited about the direction the team is going.
We will be a much better team with Ricky, but we are set up to be a good team without him and I honestly think Ricky prefers it that way.

Back
Top Bottom