ESPN's Pasquarelli on Zach, Mare, & T. Bowens | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Pasquarelli on Zach, Mare, & T. Bowens

Originally posted by ckparrothead
they can never eat what they want to eat or drink what they want to drink. "

Tell that to Ted Washington. But be careful. He might eat you.:lol: :lol: :lol:

i just read that article did it just say that the bucs signed sylvester morris? im pretty sure we did

Originally posted by Mindwarp
cause at the end of the day most players now a days want the chedder. Not everone wins the big dance. so why not make sure you and your fam is taken care of.

question is, just HOW much does it take to take care of your family anyway? Providing for your kids, ala Paris Hilton is not just taking care of them but simply spoiling the hell out of them. if the Hilton Family went bankrupt tomorrow, paris would be one screwed dumb assed blonde on the street. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Muck

They deserve to be lucratively compensated. Most of those guys will have not-so-nice problems with their bodies after football.

There's money to be made. And you can't blame them for not trying to get it while they can, because one freak play and it's all over for them.

Hey Muck... it is true these players generally have hell to pay with their bodies once they have completed their carriers.

My question is How or why are they any different than say the coal miners or pulp wooders that are maimed or suffer from the black lung? For that matter any other american worker that will work all year for the same wages some of these guys earn in one game.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for these guys. Example, I know a guy that was a probowler most of his NFL carrier. As soon as he signed his first multi million dollar contract he did what most all young men that come from nothing do. He built his Mom and Dad a new brick home on the hill, infact I can see the roof across the pasture as we speak.

My point..this VERY NICE and well rounded person generated somewhere around 12 million dollars and one superbowl loss during his six years in the league. This was in the mid to late 80s before the money became really insane! After a few failed business ventures and 20-30 Mercedes and Jags... where is he now? He works in a juvenile prison as a guard, waiting on the time that his 50-60 thousand dollar a year NFL pension kicks in.

Now in contrast...there is another X NFLer that I know...came into the league at the same time as the afore mentioned player, played his carrier with the Dolphins and Giants with basiclly the same degree of success with the exception of the superbowl....what's he doing now...LOL... fishes a lot, spends time in Miami looking after his Condo investments. According to him though...his path is an exception to the one that many of the former players he knew, coming from the same circumstances he and **** came from.

It's hard for me to have sympathy for those who hi roll themselves into the poorhouse.

Another way to put all this into perspective is that in this day, alot of football players make 4 mil/yr [or more while baseball and bball make even more]. A mna would have to earn $100,000 each and every year for 40 years of his life to make that same 4 mil total. When considering what the average annual income is (about 37K or close to) , that's < 1.5 mil total. Most folks starting out in their working lives done even start at that, however may end up making more tho. If a man can not "make it" and take care of his family for now and the future, I'm sorry, but something is dreadfully wrong here. Sure, they take alot of risks, but I'd be willing to bet that those poor grunts in Iraq just might be taking a wee bit more of a risk. ;)

Originally posted by Crzynick25
i just read that article did it just say that the bucs signed sylvester morris? im pretty sure we did

We signed Snoop Minnis. Tampa DID sign Sylvester Morris.

Originally posted by DeDolfan
Another way to put all this into perspective is that in this day, alot of football players make 4 mil/yr [or more while baseball and bball make even more]. A mna would have to earn $100,000 each and every year for 40 years of his life to make that same 4 mil total. When considering what the average annual income is (about 37K or close to) , that's &lt; 1.5 mil total. Most folks starting out in their working lives done even start at that, however may end up making more tho. If a man can not &quot;make it&quot; and take care of his family for now and the future, I'm sorry, but something is dreadfully wrong here. Sure, they take alot of risks, but I'd be willing to bet that those poor grunts in Iraq just might be taking a wee bit more of a risk. ;)

:up: That's right De..It's all about perspective isn't it? While I very much like the product they produce I damn shore don't need it.

I know that I've had to scratch and claw and plan and scheme myself to the moderate degree of success that I've obtained in my 32 yr. carrier of hourly wages and few tax breaks. I probably have socked away less than an average rookie signing bonus but live quite well.

No!!!! I, don't need to hear any of their whinnings about money or lack there of.:evil:

Originally posted by Danny

One freak play and is all over for them? awwwww, my heart bleeds for them. Let them get a real job like the rest of us. I love football and I love my team, but I will not feel sorry for any player that can't make 5 million bucks a year for playing football.After all, they went to college for FREE so if football doesn't work they can get a good job.I know what you're saying and if I was them, I'd want as much money as I can get too. Is human nature, but I won't feel sorry if they have to take a pay cut and &quot;only&quot; make a million bucks a year.

Ozzy rules!!
agreed!! and very well said!! how many pepole on this board will ever see a million dollars let alone $15 million?? these players are already rich beyond their wildest dreams and should do whatever they could to help the team win the ultimate prize in a super bowl championship. sorry if one play will end their carrer its part of the game and they know this. almost every player on our team have no financial worrys nor will have the rest of their life. how many of us can say that? who ever will not try to help the team is just a money grubbing a$$ that needs to go.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
agreed!! and very well said!! how many pepole on this board will ever see a million dollars let alone $15 million?? these players are already rich beyond their wildest dreams and should do whatever they could to help the team win the ultimate prize in a super bowl championship. sorry if one play will end their carrer its part of the game and they know this. almost every player on our team have no financial worrys nor will have the rest of their life. how many of us can say that? who ever will not try to help the team is just a money grubbing a$$ that needs to go.

That's right bro. The line of work I was in that proverbial "one play" not only would end your carrier but 99.9% of the time would KILL YOUR A$$! 240-240,000 volts was the toughest most unforgiving negotiater there was. Get it right the first time or DIE just that simple. NAW...professional athlete...Don't come whinning to me about your money problems! I love your game and athletic prowess, but that's where it ends.

Releasing Mare saves little and you would need to replace him. He would likely be a candidate for post June 1st release

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Releasing Mare saves little and you would need to replace him. He would likely be a candidate for post June 1st release

thats right. thats why i say he contributes to the team and takes a cut for average services provided. grass or no grass, you shuld hit field goals 35-40 yards away no prob.

Originally posted by finfan54

thats right. thats why i say he contributes to the team and takes a cut for average services provided. grass or no grass, you shuld hit field goals 35-40 yards away no prob.

The dirt should have been a clear advantage for him since , I think, we're the only team left having to deal with dirt. for that, I lay the blame squarely on Wannstedt. Why didn't he have mare' practicing on dirt?? i'd be willing to bet that the other teams had their kickers practing at least a little bit on dirft b4 coming into Miami to play. That only makes for good common sense of which Wannstedt has very little of apparently.

You guys are missing my point and drawing too much from it. I'm not asking you to have sympathy for them. Heck, I never once mentioned the word.

All I'm saying is that they deserve the money they get and you can't blame them for trying to get it while they can.

Not much else to what I posted. :)

Back
Top Bottom