Euro 2004 Playoff first leg | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Euro 2004 Playoff first leg

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Czech Republic played against a lot of crap teams though. Pavel Nedved is a great player but they just aren't as good as France, Italy, etc.

Germany is not a favorite. People still wonder how they made it to the finals of the 2002 World Cup. They played against a lot of bad teams. They were lucky to beat the USA, and as a USA fan I admit that we aren't exactly world class. Germany has some nice players but they aren't exactly the best team in Europe right now.

Uhhh.. every powerhouse team in the qualifying rounds played crap teams, it was organized like that. The only 2 groups out of 10 which were stuck with 2 powerhouses in each one were Czech Rep/Netherlands and England/Turkey. Which means they actually played a tough team twice. Italy is better?...no. They lost to Wales and drew with Serbia twice. And, Nedved is not even considered their best player, their star forward is Jan Koller with 6 goals in the rounds. Milan Baros who plays for Liverpool is their other forward. Their other star is midfielder Vladimir Smicer who also starts for Liverpool who's amazing. They have other great players that play on top club teams in France, Italy and Germany. I've seen their current team play, they're real good. They remind me of Germany in the late 80's. On top of it all, the coach is a crazy old white-haired dictator who's considered a soccer wizard.

As for Germany making it to the finals in WC 2002... c'mon, people wondering if they should have made it? That goalie was the best goalie I've ever seen in my entire life watching soccer IMHO. He was a brick wall standing in front of the goal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolfan02

Uhhh.. every powerhouse team in the qualifying rounds played crap teams, it was organized like that. The only 2 groups out of 10 which were stuck with 2 powerhouses in each one were Czech Rep/Netherlands and England/Turkey. Which means they actually played a tough team twice. Italy is better?...no. They lost to Wales and drew with Serbia twice. And, Nedved is not even considered their best player, their star forward is Jan Koller with 6 goals in the rounds. Milan Baros who plays for Liverpool is their other forward. Their other star is midfielder Vladimir Smicer who also starts for Liverpool who's amazing. They have other great players that play on top club teams in France, Italy and Germany. I've seen their current team play, they're real good. They remind me of Germany in the late 80's. On top of it all, the coach is a crazy old white-haired dictator who's considered a soccer wizard.

As for Germany making it to the finals in WC 2002... c'mon, people wondering if they should have made it? That goalie was the best goalie I've ever seen in my entire life watching soccer IMHO. He was a brick wall standing in front of the goal!

There is more to it than just scoring goals. Nedved is by far the Czech Republic's best player. Koller is a good player but Nedved is world class. Some think Nedved is the best player in Europe today.

Serbia is a lot better than the teams in the Czech Republic's group (besides Holland) btw. Metija Kezman is one of the best strikers in Europe right now (better than Jan Koller :) ). He plays for PSV in Holland but there are rumors that he will go to Barcelona after the season.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

There is more to it than just scoring goals. Nedved is by far the Czech Republic's best player. Koller is a good player but Nedved is world class. Some think Nedved is the best player in Europe today.

Serbia is a lot better than the teams in the Czech Republic's group (besides Holland) btw. Metija Kezman is one of the best strikers in Europe right now (better than Jan Koller :) ). He plays for PSV in Holland but there are rumors that he will go to Barcelona after the season.

Thats true, I can agree with you in the first part. But I've never seen Serbia play nor do I know who Kezman is, so I don't know.

Anyways, is any network planning on showing the Euro here in the States? Live or delayed basis?

I have no idea if they plan on showing Euro 2004 in any way. My guess is that if they do show it here, it will be either on PPV or Fox Sports World.

Please..USA is getting up there in talent...just look at some of our players we have. And Germany beat us by luck...that should have been a goal or a PK on the corner.

Back
Top Bottom