Even if Our O-Line was GREAT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even if Our O-Line was GREAT

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
You would have to expect one or 2 sacks a game on average. It seems like that would automatically equal 1 or 2 Brian griese fumbles.

He'd have the ball in better position. Can't do it like that. There is no constant. Football is rarely a math game when it comes down to the field.

OR

1. You have Jay playing, constantly underthrowing our receivers, or missing small bloops out to our TE.

2. Brian gets the time ANY QB needs, goes through his progession, picks the open man, and plays like he did the FIRST GAME.

We've seen what happens when Jay has time to throw, he's not horrible, he just doesn't have the arm. We've ALSO seen what happens when Brian gets time. Time=great throws, and spreading the field.

Originally posted by Graythreat
OR

1. You have Jay playing, constantly underthrowing our receivers, or missing small bloops out to our TE.

2. Brian gets the time ANY QB needs, goes through his progession, picks the open man, and plays like he did the FIRST GAME.

We've seen what happens when Jay has time to throw, he's not horrible, he just doesn't have the arm. We've ALSO seen what happens when Brian gets time. Time=great throws, and spreading the field.

i'll take Jay's overthrows then griese 7 turnovers in 3 games.

jays INT are deep passes. NG turnovers are fumbles which give teams field position behind our line of scrimmage.

tough choice? oh and jay is 33-15 and griese is 1-2!

hmmm

OR

I don't think Griese played badly at all today. I think it still comes down to the OL. I think he might have had ONE bad throw - and even that was hurried. Ricky still couldn't run either. He only one hole broken open for him all day. Or, at least through 3 and a half quarters - that's when I decided to pack up the kids and leave the sports-grill.

And even if the offense did perform well today, they still would've had to score more than 31 freakin' points! The defense was equally bad today. The DL got NO push whatsoever; and the secondary played soft. And don't even get me started about the tackling...

All in all, is was a pathetic effort by just about the entire team today. They were beaten badly in EVERY aspect of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many QB's get hit from behind and lose the ball? Most any QB would have fumbled in the same situation today. You fiedler fans are just looking for a reason to get the king of the INT's back in the game.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
How many QB's get hit from behind and lose the ball? Most any QB would have fumbled in the same situation today. You fiedler fans are just looking for a reason to get the king of the INT's back in the game.

Oh, but didn't you know? It's Griese's fault he got hit from behind int he middle of a 3 step drop...yeah, it's because he's not a scrambeling QB....

Man, people just don't undersand.

Oh, but didn't you know? It's Griese's fault he got hit from behind int he middle of a 3 step drop...yeah, it's because he's not a scrambeling QB....

Man, people just don't undersand.

Gray people do understsand....

They just can't stand the thought of seeing JF on the field again...

I am Keeping the "Faith!"

GOOO FIIINNZ

:)

Seriously...The idea of going back to Jay is just dumb. The upside of when things go well with Griese is a whole lot better then with Jay.

We're not going to be facing the really speed rusher teams anymore this season, for the most part, especially at LT. Who is left? The guys in-division?

We've weathered the pass rush storm, IMO. Terribly, but we've still weathered it.

Back
Top Bottom