Even With Fitzpatrick Onboard... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even With Fitzpatrick Onboard...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...I would think - if we do indeed select a qb in the first round - that the rook would be behind center (come win, lose or draw) on every play. Being that it is a rebuilding year, it would be logical that we cast our potential future quarterback (not Fitzpatrick) into the fire right away. The young qb would endure all growing pain sooner rather than later; his maturity/development will be more complete before the start of the 2020 season.

Fitzpatrict would ready on the sidelines as the second string vet.

This is my thinking for what it's worth.

20190421_201306.png

Last edited:
Not a fan of throwing a rookie QB into the fire right out of the gate.
IMO very, very few are ready for live bullets at all in their first NFL year.
In addition, I think you risk damage in terms of "lost confidence" and
general psyche erosion...

Much better to "red shirt" and learn the O and hopefully how to be a PRO
on the sidelines and in class -- see Mahomes as a prime example of
NOT being exposed Y1 and then >>> wowser! He's ready to rumble!

Last edited:
Yes it would definitely hurt team confidence if the rook did indeed - the likelihood - do poorly on the field. True.

...I would think - if we do indeed select a qb in the first round - that the rook would be behind center (come win, lose or draw) on every play. Being that it is a rebuilding year, it would be logical that we cast our potential future quarterback (not Fitzpatrick) into the fire right away. The young qb would endure all growing pain sooner rather than later; his maturity/development will be more complete before the start of the 2020 season.

Fitzpatrict would ready on the sidelines as the second string vet.

This is my thinking for what it's worth.

View attachment 20583

It depends on the state of the O-line...

Agreed!

We can do the same thing next year as well if /when we draft them given Fitz is here 2 years. In fact with Fitz here next year he can learn the O and help the rookie even more next year.

We can do the same thing next year as well if /when we draft them given Fitz is here 2 years. In fact with Fitz here next year he can learn the O and help the rookie even more next year.

Yes.

I think the reason Fitzpatrick said he chose the phins was because of the ability to come in and start right away.

I think the front office may have promised him the starting job this year, and they told him they would be drafting a QB this year and letting him sit and learn behind him or that they would draft a QB in 2020.

If the Dolphins get the #1 pick in 2020 and draft Tua, I doubt he would be sitting on the bench his first year. I think he would be the starter day 1.

Totally agree. I wanted to like the post, until you used “wowser”. Couldn’t pull the trigger

Back
Top Bottom