"Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest…." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest…."

TorontoFin

Trapped in Trudeaupia
Reaction score
"Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest. But he who feels it knows it. Burden equals truth."

We had a modern day Confucius on our team and didn't realize it. You know what? F-- you Ricky! Burden equals truth? What the F-- do you know about burden?
Oh I see, trying to decide whether you should burn by paper or by bong ? Choosing between being a Lenny Kravitz groupie or a Jim Brown disciple? Whether you should go on a little adventure to Asia for some opium-induced yoga lessons, or bum around Athens during the Olympics? Umm, all tough choices, yes indeed.
So much burden. You must then, by extension, have "truth" coming out of you’re a--. Tell you what Ricky, since burden equals truth, why don't you sell your house(s), and your SUVs, give away your money and keep only what you need for shelter and food, and go hang out with the homeless and disadvantaged, since you claim you care about them so much…you do that, and you'll have "truth" truly jumping out at you from every corner. You won't be able to walk without stepping on truth. Or is that TOO much burden? TOO much "truth" for you to handle?
No Ricky, every man doesn't think his burden is the heaviest. There are men with your God-given talent and money, and security who appreciate what they have, who know they are fortunate enough not to know what the worst degrees of burden are. You want burden, and truth? You don't even have to go as far as being homeless to get just a small taste of it. Trade places with some of the people on this board-- people who raise families cheque to cheque; who wonder where they're going to come up with the extra $500 they need for their sick kid's prescription; who sometimes have to feed their family with Burger King for a few weeks because the tranni just dropped on their 1993 Buick; but still manage to scrape enough money together so they can take their kids to see you f--ing play once or twice a year!!!! No Ricky, not even that's real burden. Like I said, just a taste.
You're no f--ing Mandella, you're no Jesus -- you're no f--ing martyr. You don't know truth. You don't know burden. You know sh--. That's it.

I did not understand his rambling either. If he believes what he says then I think he would have stayed. His burden was playing football=truth

I dont get it?

F--CK that loser. Wake up Ricky...I bet more than half the USA smokes reefer..you were accepted here...what does oakland have that we didnt...he is a freak of anture and someone should kick his pansy ***

TorontoFin....Great Post now lets all move on! We are gonna be the beast of the AFC East lets roll baby!

Well put Toronto, and what pisses me off is that we as fans are the reasons these athletes are who they are.All the jacked up paying costs for Tickets,merchandise,parking at the games,food at the games (HIGHWAY FREAKIN ROBBERY),etc.We as fans are the majority reason for ALL THE REVENUE AND CAPITAL THESE OWNERS GET RICH OFF.At first hindsight when the news broke and he stated his reasons although I was shocked and slightly upset I respected and related to his explanations of his actions.BUT AS OF TODAY 08/5/04 I'VE LOST SOME RESPECT FOR HIM.I won't get all psychotic and what not but I'd like to relay a message to RICKY if I may.IF YOU WANT TO "JUST WIN BABY" THAT'S FINE AND DANDY BUT WHEN OR IF YOU DECIDE TO COME BACK AND PLAY WITH AL YOU BETTER TELL AL OR MEMO TO MISTER COMMISH HIMSELF TO PLEASE NOT SCHEDULE MIAMI ON THEIR UPCOMING SCHEDULE.And if they are scheduled against the Fins RICKY MY BOY YOU'LL HAVE 11 GUYS LICKING THEIR CHOPS TO WELCOME YOU BACK TO MIAMI WITH OPEN ARMS.....THAT IS BEFORE THOSE OPEN ARMS BECOME THE "JAWS OF LIFE" AND BREAK YOU DOWN.YOU F'KED UP RICKY AND NOW YOU MUST PAY.

I'm a big Bob Marley Fan. "Every man thinks that his burden is the heaviest...heaviest" is a lyric right out of a Marley Song. I'm almost positive the name of the song is "Running Away"....how coincidental!

Ricky is a poser. How dare he quote Marley...just cause he smokes herb.

He is having an identity crisis and needs to visit a shrink or a "psychiatric center".

Cali probably has better quality weed though.

I have lost all respect for Ricky. If he wants to play in Oakland. Screw him. Take a first rounder now, before he changes his mind.

Yeah, well stated Toronto.

I do want to say though, and this is not in defense of the guy, but he's obviously not right in the head. He REALLY can't help that. It's some bio-chemical imbalance thing. About all we can really do is shake our heads at the waste of such phenomenal talent and an obviously intelligent young man.

Fair enough Agua. From what i understand these sort of anxiety disorders can really mess you up, and yes, they are something people take lightly. Maybe this is a case of the guy substituting weed for paxil, which kept him levelled the last 2 years. Anyway, i just snapped. I saw that quote, and lost it.

After reading those comments I've come to the conclusion that Ricky is learning a lot from his wise, old master.....
clear.gif

lacka said:
I'm a big Bob Marley Fan. "Every man thinks that his burden is the heaviest...heaviest" is a lyric right out of a Marley Song. I'm almost positive the name of the song is "Running Away"....how coincidental!

Ricky is a poser. How dare he quote Marley...just cause he smokes herb.

He is having an identity crisis and needs to visit a shrink or a "psychiatric center".

Cali probably has better quality weed though.
You are right...that is almost a direct quote from Marleys "running away" lyric...and Ricky is running away from the truth.

"...Every man thinketh his
Burden is the heaviest (repeat)
But who feels it knows it Lord
Who feels it knows it Lord,
Who feels it knows it Lord

You running and you running
And you running away (repeat).."

PhinstiGator said:
You are right...that is almost a direct quote from Marleys "running away" lyric...and Ricky is running away from the truth.

"...Every man thinketh his
Burden is the heaviest (repeat)
But who feels it knows it Lord
Who feels it knows it Lord,
Who feels it knows it Lord

You running and you running
And you running away (repeat).."
Yeah, instead of finding the truth, as he claims, he is running from it. He is a selfish, lying, coward of a man. He can't even be honest to himself!

TorontoFin said:
"Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest. But he who feels it knows it. Burden equals truth."

We had a modern day Confucius on our team and didn't realize it. You know what? F-- you Ricky! Burden equals truth? What the F-- do you know about burden?
Oh I see, trying to decide whether you should burn by paper or by bong ? Choosing between being a Lenny Kravitz groupie or a Jim Brown disciple? Whether you should go on a little adventure to Asia for some opium-induced yoga lessons, or bum around Athens during the Olympics? Umm, all tough choices, yes indeed.
So much burden. You must then, by extension, have "truth" coming out of you’re a--. Tell you what Ricky, since burden equals truth, why don't you sell your house(s), and your SUVs, give away your money and keep only what you need for shelter and food, and go hang out with the homeless and disadvantaged, since you claim you care about them so much…you do that, and you'll have "truth" truly jumping out at you from every corner. You won't be able to walk without stepping on truth. Or is that TOO much burden? TOO much "truth" for you to handle?
No Ricky, every man doesn't think his burden is the heaviest. There are men with your God-given talent and money, and security who appreciate what they have, who know they are fortunate enough not to know what the worst degrees of burden are. You want burden, and truth? You don't even have to go as far as being homeless to get just a small taste of it. Trade places with some of the people on this board-- people who raise families cheque to cheque; who wonder where they're going to come up with the extra $500 they need for their sick kid's prescription; who sometimes have to feed their family with Burger King for a few weeks because the tranni just dropped on their 1993 Buick; but still manage to scrape enough money together so they can take their kids to see you f--ing play once or twice a year!!!! No Ricky, not even that's real burden. Like I said, just a taste.
You're no f--ing Mandella, you're no Jesus -- you're no f--ing martyr. You don't know truth. You don't know burden. You know sh--. That's it.
:eek: This post was absolutely amazing. When I got to the part about working from check to check and eating at Burger King..........I was like, "Thats me!". Some people just don't know what they have. Great post man.......great post.

TorontoFin said:

Nice Rant! :yell:

Back
Top Bottom