"Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest…." | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest…."

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I can usually take a lot of punishment when it comes to the sports and athletes -- I'm a fan of the Dolphins, Leafs, Jays, Raptors -- not to mention Italian soccer -- so I'm pretty well conditioned to disappointment. But as a fan, I've never felt such a hard proverbial slap in the face before. And it just got worse and worse as more news and information came out regarding the 'truth" behind his betrayal. It's one thing to quit and take off. It's quite another to insult every working class stiff -- whose few joys in life include paying to watch you play -- with the ridiculous self-absorbed notion that he's got the heaviest of crosses to bear. Just fade away into the trash heap of NFL history, Ricky. and please do it quietly.

TorontoFin said:
"Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest. But he who feels it knows it. Burden equals truth."

We had a modern day Confucius on our team and didn't realize it. You know what? F-- you Ricky! Burden equals truth? What the F-- do you know about burden?
Oh I see, trying to decide whether you should burn by paper or by bong ? Choosing between being a Lenny Kravitz groupie or a Jim Brown disciple? Whether you should go on a little adventure to Asia for some opium-induced yoga lessons, or bum around Athens during the Olympics? Umm, all tough choices, yes indeed.
So much burden. You must then, by extension, have "truth" coming out of you’re a--. Tell you what Ricky, since burden equals truth, why don't you sell your house(s), and your SUVs, give away your money and keep only what you need for shelter and food, and go hang out with the homeless and disadvantaged, since you claim you care about them so much…you do that, and you'll have "truth" truly jumping out at you from every corner. You won't be able to walk without stepping on truth. Or is that TOO much burden? TOO much "truth" for you to handle?
No Ricky, every man doesn't think his burden is the heaviest. There are men with your God-given talent and money, and security who appreciate what they have, who know they are fortunate enough not to know what the worst degrees of burden are. You want burden, and truth? You don't even have to go as far as being homeless to get just a small taste of it. Trade places with some of the people on this board-- people who raise families cheque to cheque; who wonder where they're going to come up with the extra $500 they need for their sick kid's prescription; who sometimes have to feed their family with Burger King for a few weeks because the tranni just dropped on their 1993 Buick; but still manage to scrape enough money together so they can take their kids to see you f--ing play once or twice a year!!!! No Ricky, not even that's real burden. Like I said, just a taste.
You're no f--ing Mandella, you're no Jesus -- you're no f--ing martyr. You don't know truth. You don't know burden. You know sh--. That's it.
Great Post TOFin, now lets take the 1st rounder for the punk and move on.............................

TorontoFin:

Of all the posts I have read about Ricky...yours is the best hands down. Passionate and true. You speak for many Fin fans across the country and for many players who saw life long dreams fall because they do not have the God given ability Ricky Williams has. Players who get cut and have to now find a way to make it in the world when all they have known is athletics. They are working for UPS, selling cars or doing what they can just to feed the family.

I hope he plays for the Raiders and comes to Miami for a game. That game would sell out instantly and there would be no mercy. He would see first hand how badly he pisssed of this community that embraced him and was willing to accpet him for who he was. Now that's truth.

Screw you Ricky Williams.

Great post Torontofin, I think you speak for all of us. Let him go, get the 1st rounder, and let karma catch up to him. He will f--- up again, and when he does, EVERYONE around the world will be there to witness it.

TorontoFin said:
Fair enough Agua. From what i understand these sort of anxiety disorders can really mess you up, and yes, they are something people take lightly. Maybe this is a case of the guy substituting weed for paxil, which kept him levelled the last 2 years. Anyway, i just snapped. I saw that quote, and lost it.

Yeah, I almost snapped when I saw that quote. I thought he had gone insane(r), but that post about Bob Marley enlightened me...he's a poser, wanted to say something he thought everyone would think is so profound, like he's got it all figured out. He's not profound, he's an idiot

yankeehillbilly said:
Hey TorontoFin, are you the same TOFin from the sun-sentinel board?
yup yank. It's me. How you doin? Long time no talk

One of these times Ricky is going to do an interview so high he' going to say something like, "Wow, look at my hand. It's huge!! It can touch ANYTHING but its self!" :shakeno:

It seems that everytime he speaks he makes up another reason he wants other people to relate to so that he can win the publics affection and approval. It's a good thing people see through it (except for his fellow extreme potheads).

Back
Top Bottom