Every team had a good draft/Best draft ever??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every team had a good draft/Best draft ever???

I think it turned out to be a great draft better than everyone expected it to be

J Tes said:
The only problem with the Bills taking Parish in the seond is that they didnt need him. And its not as if he was first round talent that fell. The Bills already have Moulds, Evans, Reed, Aikens, J.Smith and now Parish. Someones gotta go and my guess is Josh Reed. Everett was a good pick. Hes been stuck behind some very good TE's at Miami and didnt have the opportunities to show off his skills. I guess I just dont understand the Parish pick. Not knocking him as a player. Maybe the Bills plan on taking the kr/pr duties away from Mcgee. I wouldnt because thats his best asset, and the reason all Bills fans love him. And rightfully so

He was not a glaring position of need, but the pick makes sense if you look a little deeper.

Our coach, Mularkey, has found ways to use "utility" players in the past. Antwaun Randle-El, Kordell, Hines Ward (a former QB) and now Parrish.

Parrish was a great QB in high school, he threw for over 2000 yards in his senor season, plus he can go the distance any time he touches the ball.

We couldn't have got value picking a position of need in the 2nd, so we went with a player tat was high on our draft board.

wazzy said:
I'm not knocking the Bills draft i just disagree with there 2nd round pick. Also, Bills fans call him a playmaker and they already have Moulds, Evans and Mcgee returning the ball. I think you could of added depth somewhere else but time will tell.

Oh NO, we got three playmakers on the field now, that will only open the field up more for Willis. What a shame, oh god, have mercy on us. :roflmao:

ya, Josh Reed can beat feet, and get the hell off the field, so roscoe and Tyler can make that O go from arsenic to cianide for D's. We'll get a good taste of it twice this year. Lets see how impotent it is..........

Losman7 said:
He was not a glaring position of need, but the pick makes sense if you look a little deeper.

Our coach, Mularkey, has found ways to use "utility" players in the past. Antwaun Randle-El, Kordell, Hines Ward (a former QB) and now Parrish.

Parrish was a great QB in high school, he threw for over 2000 yards in his senor season, plus he can go the distance any time he touches the ball.

We couldn't have got value picking a position of need in the 2nd, so we went with a player tat was high on our draft board.

Damn, I knew I liked the Bills fans for some reasons, now i remember, you actually think. that is correct, roscoe is a threat to score every time he touches the ball, and what does that mean? That means that Willis will be able to do more. Instead of stacking 7 guys in the box, your foes can maybe commit 5. And then, if you run the motion with roscoe, you will be able to find the zone and man to man coverages. Geeeeee, now is it making sense. Roscoe aint a one demensional player, meaning all he has is speed. He is a dynamic player, which means he has COD on the run, he has the speed that kills, and he has the wiggle to make guys miss. That is what makes him the threat to score every time he touches the ball. Which, makes teams play a nickle or dime, and opens the field up for Willis to do his thing. Hmmmmmm.......

Losman7 said:

yeah playing qb at high school at 5´xx is great, but in the nfl he will have a tough time seeing behind his oline.. :D

Parrish was a lil bit of a confusing pick for the Bills, but he wasnt a bad one...the guy has some talent and has absolutely blazing speed.

Al13 said:
yeah playing qb at high school at 5´xx is great, but in the nfl he will have a tough time seeing behind his oline.. :D

He won't be the QB, he'll be on the feild, and if he gets the ball on a reverse he can throw it as well as run.

I'm excited to have a talented "football player" on our team. Speed, Hands, can throw, can return kicks. Gonna open up our O.

With Moulds using his decent speed and power, along with Evans and Parrish (two 4.3-4.4 guys) , and Willis Running our O will have space to operate. Add the speed we got at TE, and Losmans 4.5 speed and not many of our offensive players can be caught from behind.

how can williamson bust. with his speed, he is bound to be a success with culpepper throwing him the ball.

:up:
LithoMan said:
No, we took that from SD this year. Talent wise, probably a b-, but for filling the scheme wise, I had no freakin clue what he was doing, he was drafting for a 4-3, not the 3-4 which he promised us. that gets a big fat F! He either lied, or when Dallas grab Spears in the first, it scrwed his head up, and he blew it. Once again, sticking to what he knows, blew it for us. Now, were back to the same old, over front D BS, that gets no penetration, and now we dont have the corners to keep it from becoming ugly on Sundays. No QB competition. So, when did we exactly pass on Frye, Orton, Lefors? Oh yeah, the second, third and fourth rounds. So, dont make it out to be we would of been reaching and messed up our game plan by grabbin one of these guys.

Preach it LithoMan! :shout:

LithoMan said:
of course not, we got him. if we grab caddy, then inseret Ronnies name where caddys is at. homers........

Dude, what is your POINT in being a fan????????? Just constantly HATING on the team seems to be all you do. :confused: :confused:

Agua said:
Dude, what is your POINT in being a fan????????? Just constantly HATING on the team seems to be all you do. :confused: :confused:

Putting this troll on ignore is the growing trend on this board right now.
Why don't you joining me. :D

Agua said:

dude, I was so hyped for this draft. I was one of Nicks most pessimistic fans. The more he talked the longer he was here, the more optimistic I became. I liked everything he was saying, and the direction it looked like he was going to go in on draft day. Then, came the draft. yes, Ronnie bothered me, but hey, we still got a top 3 back. But, it was after that i was like wtf? He had no direction and kept letting all these great Sam LB's go. As the draft went on, it showed the purpose of his draft. Stick to the guys he knew. He let a steal in the third go right on by, daryl blackstock would of filled a huge hole. We should of grabbed him in the second, but in the third, are you kidding me? He didnt have a clue. Sure, he grabbed real good talent, but he drafted depth with that talent. So, either he had no clue outside of his own little domain, or he was in over his head. We have no true Sam, and kept letting them go right by us through the third. That shows we wont be running the 3-4, so why get rid of Surtain, oh yeah, to grab more depth at end, whoopie....

I aint hating, Im questioning. I want to know why he did what he did. He will never say he was in way over his head, or unprepared. But the writing is on the wall. I aint hating on him yet, if I was, you would know it. I'm giving him a reprieve until the 06 draft is over. Then you will know if I am hating on him or not.

LithoMan said:
Oh NO, we got three playmakers on the field now, that will only open the field up more for Willis. What a shame, oh god, have mercy on us. :roflmao:

ya, Josh Reed can beat feet, and get the hell off the field, so roscoe and Tyler can make that O go from arsenic to cianide for D's. We'll get a good taste of it twice this year. Lets see how impotent it is..........

The NFL has changed a lot in the last 10 years. Offensive coordinators are more than ever looking to create mismatches by attacking D's with multiple WR sets. Throw in the new NFL emphasis on defensive holding and the Parrish pick makes more sense. Look at the Pats. They don't have a true, prototype # 1 WR. They have Branch, Givens, Johnson and now they added Tim Dwight and David Terrell. Mularkey is looking to open up the offense this year and getting a player that can go from 0-60 in a flash, has 4.3 speed and is elusive will help put more points on the scoreboard. Which is the goal...

I am sure that Moulds, Evans, McGahee, and Losman aren't mad at all.

Back
Top Bottom