Ex-Dolphins 2nd round pick Pat White to give baseball a try | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex-Dolphins 2nd round pick Pat White to give baseball a try

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
At that combine, the Miami Dolphins fell in love with the idea of White as the possible aerial component to their ground-based Wildcat offense, and selected White in the second round. In the end, he never was able to transfer his specific skills to the pro game, failing to complete a pass in five NFL attempts and looking slow and outmatched when in the shotgun in Miami's more physical option attack. The Dolphins released White on September 4, and White passed through waivers unclaimed. As Yahoo's own Jason Cole said during Dolphins training camp, White had an outside chance at best of making the team after his rookie year unless he switched to another position - perhaps as a receiver, or a Percy Harvin(notes)-style multiple threat guy.

At that point, White had two choices: Try and make a go of it in the UFL and rebuild his stock, or give baseball another shot. He made that decision on Friday by reportedly agreeing to sign a minor-league deal with the Kansas City Royals. According to Pro Football Talk, the Royals understand that White may want to give pro football another shot and will remain open to the idea of his playing both sports. Major league teams have remained interested all along -- the Yankees drafted him in the 48th round just last year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-round-pick-Pat-White-gives-ba?urn=nfl-268915

I posted this article this morning, it only got 14 views and was on page 2 so i figured id bump it back up to the top...i guess Pat finally came to his senses and realized that hes a boy in a mans game

I posted this article this morning, it only got 14 views and was on page 2 so i figured id bump it back up to the top...i guess Pat finally came to his senses and realized that hes a boy in a mans game

There is a reason for that. Were all OVER Pat White dude. Not just you, but everyone, ENOUGH with the Pat White threads already. He ****ing blows and most of us who figured that out turned the page about 300 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom