Ex-Dolphins on NFL "hot-list" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ex-Dolphins on NFL "hot-list"

Ohiophinphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8477514

The link is to Pat Kirwan's NFL "hot-list", a regular listing of available free agents.

A number of former Phins can be found, Leonard Henry is the fourth RB listed, Kenny Mixon; the second DE, Norman Hand; the third DT, Brock Marion; the first safety, Shawn Wooden; the fourth safety (didn't he retire??), and Terrell Buckley is the second CB on the list.

For us the only ones I can see us approaching would be Shelton, who will come with a big price tag and more baggage, Traylor whom we have contacted and/or one of the three OLB's on the list, Peter Boulware, Kevin Hardy, or Anthony Simmons.

Frankly they are probably all long shots but its a slow news time and this speculation seemed a bit differant.

MDFINFAN said:
And I thought the jets picked up L. Henry

They released him about a week or two after they picked him up.

MDFINFAN said:
And I thought the jets picked up L. Henry

yup, but he's been cut already ! how bad do you have 2 suck 2 get cut by the jets ? there still carrying some O linemen we cut 3-4 yrs. ago and they cant even seem 2 get cut, henry licks!

Yup, Leonard Henry was released by the Jets and I also thought Shawn Wooden had retired. I'm actually quite surprised that Dan Neil is still on Free Agents.

Boulware is an injury waiting to happen, it's a shame because i always liked him at FSU. I'm not a big Traylor fan either...oh well

Sal Lisitano said:
norman hand was an x fin?

go fins!!!
Yup, I didn't find that out until recently actually. We drafted him in the 5th round of the 1995 draft, and I don't think he played at all his rookie season. Then he played a couple of games with us the next season before he went to San Diego than New Orleans (where he played his best in my opinion). He had a very short "forgotton" career here in Miami.

We drafted Norman Hand in the 2nd round a while ago, around the time we drafted Tim Bo I believe, maybe a little later. Shawn Wooden I don't think has officially filed his retirement papers yet. Shelton was cut because he and Denny Greene did not get along. Greene has his own type of players, some may call him arrogant. I don't think we should start rumors on Shelton, Greene himself came out and said that about Shelton. No one can explain the drafting of a WR with the #3 pick, when the year before we drafted a WR with the first and second pick, and had one of those receivers set rookie records. Shelton is a quality starter, better then who we have, and will not get the BIG money unless a team is desperate. I can see us battling the Bills for him honestly.

Phinsdude said:
We drafted Norman Hand in the 2nd round a while ago, around the time we drafted Tim Bo I believe, maybe a little later. Shawn Wooden I don't think has officially filed his retirement papers yet. Shelton was cut because he and Denny Greene did not get along. Greene has his own type of players, some may call him arrogant. I don't think we should start rumors on Shelton, Greene himself came out and said that about Shelton. No one can explain the drafting of a WR with the #3 pick, when the year before we drafted a WR with the first and second pick, and had one of those receivers set rookie records. Shelton is a quality starter, better then who we have, and will not get the BIG money unless a team is desperate. I can see us battling the Bills for him honestly.

Hand was drafted in the 5th round in 1995.

Back
Top Bottom