Ex-Fins in the News

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
since not much going on....

Panthers | Smith Note - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
19:47 PT: RB Lamar Smith's three-year contract with the Carolina Panthers included the following base salaries: $700,000 (2002), $1 million (2003) and $1.5 million (2004). The deal reportedly included a $1 million signing bonus and included performance incentives that could add $1.2 million per season.

did Lamar show in 2001 that he will still be playing in 2004 ? No

Browns | More On Stokes - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
20:10 PT: Updating an earlier story, the two-year contract signed by OL Barry Stokes with the Cleveland Browns included base salaries of $525,000 in 2002 and $650,000 in 2003.

ex-53rd man

Broncos | More On Droughns - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:06 PT: RB Reuben Droughns' one-year contract with the Denver Broncos has a 2002 base salary of $300,000.

ex-practive squader


Vikings | Goodwin Update - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:57 PT: Kevin Seifert reports for the Star Tribune the Minnesota Vikings have been unable to strike a deal with free agent TE Hunter Goodwin (Miami). They are prepared to rescind their interest if he does not agree to terms this week.

Hunter get a clue and sign for what you are worth the vet min 750K.

A Draft Note


Packers | Looking at Local Linebacker - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
6:26 PT: Wisconsin ILB Nick Greisen has a workout scheduled in Madison, WI, on Wednesday morning with the Green Bay Packers. His agent, Joe Flanagan, has confirmed the Chicago Bears, Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers and Miami Dolphins have all met with him since his pro day workout earlier this year.
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,528
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
I guess Hunter believes that there is a premium on one-dimensional blocking TEs this offseason. Sure, Hunter will see tons of playing time in that vertical offense, playing behind Byron Chamerlain AND Jim Kleinsasser (another guy who blocks like a mofo). Maybe they'll move Jim back to FB if Hunter signs.

I also believe that Lamar will have a productive year in Carolina behind a solid OL.
 

TedDanson

Rookie
Joined
Apr 2, 2002
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Lamar wont' do squat in Carolina. Carolina has no pasing game and teams will jam the box with 8 or 9 guys and dare Carolina and that awful QB Weinke to pass the ball. When Weinke shows he can't, they will turn to Lamar and Lamar will have nowhere to go with 9 guys in the box aiming at him.
 

EddieIrvine13

Active Roster
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
595
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Chicago
Carolina has no studs on offense other than the O-line. They will defend the run and I see Lamar getting creamed. No chance he will get 1,000 yards unless they give him the ball 20+ times a game and he stays healthy all year long.
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Originally posted by dolphan39
Packers | Looking at Local Linebacker - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
6:26 PT: Wisconsin ILB Nick Greisen has a workout scheduled in Madison, WI, on Wednesday morning with the Green Bay Packers. His agent, Joe Flanagan, has confirmed the Chicago Bears, Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers and Miami Dolphins have all met with him since his pro day workout earlier this year.

Interesting to see that we are looking at ILB's. Only because that suggests that they a) want insurance in case Rodgers doesn't come back 100% and b) Are ready to cut Rodgers next year.
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,552
Reaction score
5
Age
53
Location
your six
Re: Re: Ex-Fins in the News

Originally posted by VanDolPhan


Interesting to see that we are looking at ILB's. Only because that suggests that they a) want insurance in case Rodgers doesn't come back 100% and b) Are ready to cut Rodgers next year.

ILB:confused:
inside linebacker?
Doesn't Zach play inside?
Is it me or you who is confused?
 

baccarat

Adam the Quarterback
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
0
Maybe Nick Greisen can play both OLB and ILB.
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,528
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
Originally posted by TedDanson
Lamar wont' do squat in Carolina. Carolina has no pasing game and teams will jam the box with 8 or 9 guys and dare Carolina and that awful QB Weinke to pass the ball. When Weinke shows he can't, they will turn to Lamar and Lamar will have nowhere to go with 9 guys in the box aiming at him.

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
Carolina has no studs on offense other than the O-line. They will defend the run and I see Lamar getting creamed. No chance he will get 1,000 yards unless they give him the ball 20+ times a game and he stays healthy all year long.

Isn't that exactly what happened in 2000?? We had zero passing game or deep speed and everybody put 8 and 9 men in the box. We gave Lamar the ball 20+ times a game because we had a strong OL.....and Lamar got 1,139 yards.

Lamar was effective in those circumstances under Miami with Boudreau. Why not in Carolina, where they actually do have speed at WR but an older/developing QB??
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Re: Re: Re: Ex-Fins in the News

Originally posted by inFINSible


ILB:confused:
inside linebacker?
Doesn't Zach play inside?
Is it me or you who is confused?
but he really does not have a proven backup in Hendricks and he does get hurt. Actually, Rodgers w/b our best MLB if Zach got hurt, but then 2 LBs w/b out of position.

More Ex-Fins in the News

Lions | Walker Finally Official - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
16:42 PT: Detroit Lions.com reports the team has finally announced the official signing of S Bracey Walker.

Lions | Harris Finally Official - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
16:41 PT: Detroit Lions.com reports the team has finally announced the official signing of S Corey Harris.
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Don't ILB's tend to become either middle or weakside LB's in the NFL and the OLB tends to usually be the Strongside LB?
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Top Bottom