Examining Value | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Examining Value

keithjackson

junkyard dolphin
Reaction score
I am just curious as to what everyone foresees as being the value, or steals, in this draft, whether it be players or positions according to what round.

So here is my 2 cents:

Round One - #9
Within the Top Ten, the value completley lies upon selecting the BPA. Assuming the obvious top tier of talents are gone, including Quinn, our greatest chance to reap the most value will be some defensive sure-thing like Laron Landry or Adam Carriker. Now of course, if a top talent falls, then upon him we must leap.

Round Two - #40
The value at the top of the second round will be WR and OG, both areas within which we struggle. Looking at this list of recievers, one of these 1st round recievers probably falls to us at our pick: Dwayne Jarret, Dwayne Bowe or Sydney Rice. Furthermore, we should also be able to consider Steve Smith, Jason HIll, JOhnnie Lee Higgiins, and ANthony Gonzalez, perhaps even until our 2nd second rounder - and you can even throw Zach Miller into the mix there. UNlike the tackles, I dont see any interior offensive lineman being selected in the first round, except perhaps Kalil, but he very well may be there for us. Besides him, Ben Grubbs, Andy Alleman, Justin Blalock and Arron Serrs are all very attractive options that should be available when we pick.

Round Two - #60
Aside from the aforementioned group of WRs likely remaining, the end of the second round should see some value in the DE position. At one point they were very high, but the draft is an up and down coaster, and i could both quentin moses and lamar woodley fall, as well as other DEs like Victor abiamiri and tim crowder.

Round Three - #71
The third round is where you see first round talent under poor graces. For some reason they slip like Channing Crowder and some lucky team gets to snatch them up. This year that has to be Marcus Thomas. Aside from special cases like that, the value in the third round has to be DB. Starting with Daymeion Hughes whos now projected as a 3rd rounder, theres so many DBs in this draft that are going up and down boards, its hard to know who will be where: rouse, gattis, wendling, jackson, wilson, golding, bennett, brown, davis, frampton and so on...
Of course for the Fins, Im hoping theres a lineman left worth his salt, ideally Andy Alleman has lasted this far.

Round Four
There may be some fine LBs left With our early pick in the first round, or we may want to look at a QB like Kevin Kolb or John Beck. But i think the best value will probably be a RB that somehow made it through the first day: chris henry, kenny irons, tony hunt, micheal bush, antonio pittman, or lorenzo booker.

Round Six & Seven
As Day Two of the draft concludes, i doubt there will be any positional gluts like the first, rather it becomes an art of finding the BPA, so Ill try to share who i think they will be: David Ball, Steve Breaston, Kyle Young, Jared Zabransky, Jesse Daniels, Kolby Smith, Germaine Race, Ben Patric, Cameron Siskowic, Xzavie Jackson, Dan Mozes, Mkristo Bruce, and so on..

what are your opinions on who and what positions will be of the greatest value for this draft?

Back
Top Bottom