Excuses, Excuses, Excuses | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

BigFinFan

The Only Fin Fan in SD
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am tired of hearing all of the excuses that we are giving on this board!

"Wannstedt doesn't Motivate" - These are grown men who make millions that we are talking about. Can anybody really motivate them? Besides, once you get on the field and strap that helmet on, you have already forgotten what the coach said.

"We got screwed by the Officials" - No we didn't. Bad calls happen all game, and they go both ways.

"Houston is a 2nd Year Expansion Team" - This is true, but they are still a team of professionals. Forget the 2nd year crap! Carolina went to the NFC Championship game in their 2nd year.

"Royals Sucks" - He punted like crap, but he did not lose the game for us.

"We shouldn't have gone for two" - If we make it and win - GREAT MOVE. If we miss it and lose - BAD CALL.

"We LOST - time to get a "W" this week against the Jets"

We have been sitting here all week complaining about what went wrong, who screwed up, and who should be fired. I am guilty of it too.

Just remember that these are our opinions! Opinions are like assholes - every body has one, and they all stink!

"LET'S GO 'PHINS"

I think your dictionary is faulty.
Somehow it has confused the term "excuse" with the term "reason."

Originally posted by BigFinFan

"Wannstedt doesn't Motivate" - These are grown men who make millions that we are talking about. Can anybody really motivate them? Besides, once you get on the field and strap that helmet on, you have already forgotten what the coach said.

Bigfinfan,..I have a question?

What exactly is Daves job? He makes Millions of dollars too, and he also is a grown man. If he is here just to game plan and not motivate then he does not do that well either, If he is here to game plan and adjust the plan during the game then he does not do that well, if he is here to bring the team out in the second half of the game ready to play well, then he does not do that. What
is Daves job?, does anybody know? Because besides letting everybody down, as in the players, other coaches, fans, the owner, Dave does nothing that I can think of.

I would really like to know. If anybody thinks that our players are the ones that lose the games then I guess you would not mind if they went to one of the other AFC east teams. I'll bet it would not worry many people If Dave went to one of those same teams, infact I would luagh my @$$ off if he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is supposed to adjust the "Game Plan" accordingly. However, no matter how much or how little motivating he does, the players are the ones that are on the field.

They either make the plays, or they don't. If they make the plays and we win...they get the credit. If they don't make the plays, and we lose...we blame the Coach because he did not adjust or motivate the team to win.

My whole point is that the Coach, although he is ultimately responsible, can only do so much. There is no HC that I ever played for that was able to motivate me to win or to lose.

Sometimes you just get beat and outplayed!

The Dolphins were only outplayed due to lack of motivation, poor game planning and an inability to adjust to what was put in front of them. Sounds to me that a lot of that shoudl be put on the coach and the players. EVERYONE needs to be held accountable. However, since most of these players have proven track records and are established veterans who now under perform, the reason very well might be the coach.

By the way, those other points you made were faulty somewhat. Royals does suck and put us in a bad spot all day long. He shortened the field for their offense and forced our defense to play backed up all day long. Having to stop their offense on every play while they are within field goal range can tire out a defense real quick.

The gone for two argument doesn't work for me either. It has been talked about in other threads but it was a bad call. The Texans had trouble all day getting the ball into the endzone and were more likely to kick field goals than to score a TD. Plus, when you are winning you generally want to take the sure points. Bad Call, even if we do make it.

The ref did blow a crucial call that brought back Ricky's 48 yard romp down the sidelines late in teh game. McMicheal's hold was questionable at best and turned out to help stall the drive. I don't remember a bad call for the Texans, at least not one to that extent.

However, I do see your point so don't think I am disagreeing with it completely.. Wanny wasn't the one making the false starts and 15 yard facemask penalties. He wasn't taking of his helmet on the field or shanking punt after punt after punt. These players need to get their heads on straight. If they can't, then Wanny needs to start doing his job and correct their mistakes.

Sometimes you just get beat and outplayed!
[

And sometimes the HC doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. I'll ask you again would you rather the players go or the coach? My guess is if you took a pole,Dave would win hands down. Dave will be gone by the end of this season,you can quote me on this.

I totally agree with BigFinFan. These weren't reasons these are all examples of us whining about a loss we absolutely deserved. I'm sorry but if we play like crap and call a crap game we should get beat. I know the Texans are probably improved this season but David Carr was sacked 76 times last season and our defense is supposed to be top 5 according to everybody. Norv called an aweful game on offense and the D just looked pathetic most of the game. Ricky had 69 on 17 carries but also continued his fumbling ways. Jay threw a couple of picks, one of which was just plain stupid and how the hell does Jason Taylor get manhandled all game like that? I'm so disgusted that they didn't come to the table with something to prove. It's a long season so I'm not panicked but just disgusted. Chambers played a very good game, I have to give him credit and I think he will show what he has this year.

When we loose everyone comes up with execuses..But in reality we just need to play better period. The only thing everyone should concentrate on is the Dolphins playing better. There's never enough execuses win we lose..So the simple solution is to go out next week and play better.

"We got screwed by the Officials" - No we didn't. Bad calls happen all game, and they go both ways.

"Houston is a 2nd Year Expansion Team" - This is true, but they are still a team of professionals. Forget the 2nd year crap! Carolina went to the NFC Championship game in their 2nd year.

"We shouldn't have gone for two" - If we make it and win - GREAT MOVE. If we miss it and lose - BAD CALL.

We have been sitting here all week complaining about what went wrong, who screwed up, and who should be fired. I am guilty of it too.

Just remember that these are our opinions! Opinions are like assholes - every body has one, and they all stink!

"LET'S GO 'PHINS"

You are right!
This team has no weaknesses and no bad players!
We should love every player equally if we are true fans!

That is what your post sounds like.

As much as I agree that the sky is falling crowd needs to relax, the everything is rosy crowd needs to stop telling everyone that questioning weaknesses on your team makes you a bad fan.

You are right that opinions are just like arseholes.....
and your's is just as brown as the rest of ours!

["We shouldn't have gone for two" - If we make it and win - GREAT MOVE. If we miss it and lose - BAD CALL.

Respectfully, you are wrong. The result does not determine whether the call was good. Think blackjack -- taking a hit on 18 is not a "great move". It does not become a great move if you get a two or a three from the dealer, it means you got lucky after you made a bad call.

Originally posted by Samphin
The Dolphins were only outplayed due to lack of motivation, poor game planning and an inability to adjust to what was put in front of them. Sounds to me that a lot of that shoudl be put on the coach and the players. EVERYONE needs to be held accountable. However, since most of these players have proven track records and are established veterans who now under perform, the reason very well might be the coach.

By the way, those other points you made were faulty somewhat. Royals does suck and put us in a bad spot all day long. He shortened the field for their offense and forced our defense to play backed up all day long. Having to stop their offense on every play while they are within field goal range can tire out a defense real quick.

The gone for two argument doesn't work for me either. It has been talked about in other threads but it was a bad call. The Texans had trouble all day getting the ball into the endzone and were more likely to kick field goals than to score a TD. Plus, when you are winning you generally want to take the sure points. Bad Call, even if we do make it.

The ref did blow a crucial call that brought back Ricky's 48 yard romp down the sidelines late in teh game. McMicheal's hold was questionable at best and turned out to help stall the drive. I don't remember a bad call for the Texans, at least not one to that extent.

However, I do see your point so don't think I am disagreeing with it completely.. Wanny wasn't the one making the false starts and 15 yard facemask penalties. He wasn't taking of his helmet on the field or shanking punt after punt after punt. These players need to get their heads on straight. If they can't, then Wanny needs to start doing his job and correct their mistakes.

well said!

Originally posted by RikWriter
I think your dictionary is faulty.
Somehow it has confused the term "excuse" with the term "reason."

yeah, excuses doesnt mean that you get rid of a coach after one game. what a laughing stock we would be then. that is not rational rikky. :eek:

uh, anybody see the sentinal article about how they screwed us on 7 calls in the game and they admit it? thats not excuses, those are facts. but those facts dont take away from teh fact that we still underachieved.

"LET'S GO 'PHINS"

I think that Rik has a point. You're confusing the words excure and reason. There is a difference. An excuse would be some of the players complaining that they practice too hard thru the week. A reason is what you listed. However, one i don't buy into is about the 2nd yr stuff. The rest are fairly accurate tho.

Originally posted by UncleTed
I totally agree with BigFinFan. These weren't reasons these are all examples of us whining about a loss we absolutely deserved. I'm sorry but if we play like crap and call a crap game we should get beat. I know the Texans are probably improved this season but David Carr was sacked 76 times last season and our defense is supposed to be top 5 according to everybody. Norv called an aweful game on offense and the D just looked pathetic most of the game. Ricky had 69 on 17 carries but also continued his fumbling ways. Jay threw a couple of picks, one of which was just plain stupid and how the hell does Jason Taylor get manhandled all game like that? I'm so disgusted that they didn't come to the table with something to prove. It's a long season so I'm not panicked but just disgusted. Chambers played a very good game, I have to give him credit and I think he will show what he has this year.

But then again, aren't you giving more reasons why we lost?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom