Excuses, Excuses, Excuses | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

My point was misinterpreted.

Go back and read the numerous post from this week and you will see what I am talking about. I too have looked for excuses / reasons, just like all of you.

I was just trying to make a point by stating that regardless of what we see as excuses / reasons, WE LOST! I am ready for the game to be behind us and for us to whip the Jets.

I only hope that the players have been able to put the loss behind them and get prepared for the Jets.

We have dwelled on this loss for too long!

We lost 5 days ago. More importantly, we have another game in 2 days. And I think the league will still let us play the next 14 as well.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

But then again, aren't you giving more reasons why we lost?? ;)

There are only two reasons.......poor coaching or poor playing. My point was we all come up with this player sucks or the refs screwed us or this coach sucks, etc... It's a team sport for both the players and coaches and when you play like losers you should lose. Everything else seems to blame one person or things out of the teams control. It's all bull. Play to win or lose. My excuse is the team didn't play to win............period.

Originally posted by finfan54

yeah, excuses doesnt mean that you get rid of a coach after one game. what a laughing stock we would be then. that is not rational rikky. :eek:

This would be a perfect dictionary definition of what we call a "non sequitur."

Damn, if there weren't any excuses or reasons why we lost last week there wouldn't be anything to work on to get better. It's a damn good thing we didn't play as best we could and still lost.

Originally posted by BigFinFan
I am tired of hearing all of the excuses that we are giving on this board!

"Wannstedt doesn't Motivate" - These are grown men who make millions that we are talking about. Can anybody really motivate them? Besides, once you get on the field and strap that helmet on, you have already forgotten what the coach said.

"We got screwed by the Officials" - No we didn't. Bad calls happen all game, and they go both ways.

"Houston is a 2nd Year Expansion Team" - This is true, but they are still a team of professionals. Forget the 2nd year crap! Carolina went to the NFC Championship game in their 2nd year.

"Royals Sucks" - He punted like crap, but he did not lose the game for us.

"We shouldn't have gone for two" - If we make it and win - GREAT MOVE. If we miss it and lose - BAD CALL.

"We LOST - time to get a "W" this week against the Jets"

We have been sitting here all week complaining about what went wrong, who screwed up, and who should be fired. I am guilty of it too.

Just remember that these are our opinions! Opinions are like assholes - every body has one, and they all stink!

"LET'S GO 'PHINS"

TOO BAD MOST OF THOSE ARE TRUE!

I am not saying that they aren't true. I agree with them......just tired of us using them for the reason that we lost....

That's all!

I am tired of hearing all of the excuses that we are giving on this board!

"Royals Sucks" - He punted like crap, but he did not lose the game for us.

"LET'S GO 'PHINS"

SorryBigFin, but Royal's does SUCK! He admitted it too!!

He cost us a much more important game last year, and surely did not help against the Texans. It is not an excuse, it's a fact!

;)

Hank said yesterday that if Royals punts badly again on Sunday....he thinks we'll see a certain veteran punter we're familiar with in camp next week. ;)

Originally posted by Muck
Hank said yesterday that if Royals punts badly again on Sunday....he thinks we'll see a certain veteran punter we're familiar with in camp next week. ;)

About time Muck, that is good to hear.

I have to say that I agree with most of BigFinFan's points. Indeed the head coaches are given way to much credit for either wins or losses when a team is established. A team is built via the whole organisation, dozens of scouts, and come game day a multitude of coaches giving input on different aspects of the game. For instance, should we go and hire Barry Switzer.. Do you think the Cowboys won a Superbowl because of his coaching talent?? That is a team that had already won two Championships with JJ, surely they needed motivation???

If multimillion dollar athletes need a "win one for the gipper" speech every week to get them motivated, then something is rotten in Denmark.

I am not saying that they aren't true. I agree with them......just tired of us using them for the reason that we lost....

That's all!

gee, BFF, what reasons do you want?f better yet, how many more? These are enogh to harp on about. :D :D

Back
Top Bottom