Expect Wimbley or Cromartie unless... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expect Wimbley or Cromartie unless...

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The trip to FSU was the biggest smoke screen yet to hide intentions. I expect Wimbley, but if he is gone I think it could be Cromartie, and they will go after a rusher later (such as Anderson from Alabama or the kid from Tenn.).
I just don't trust activity prior to the draft, but I do believe Wimbley makes incredible sense, as does Cromartie. Personally, Cromarties come along less frequently than Wimbleys. I would take him or Whitner, then pick up a rusher later. That is a change of thought for me the day before the draft.

Lee2000

I've been warming up to the idea of getting Cromartie over the past couple days. Those injuries are a huge concern, but no doubt Saban has done his homework. He'll pick the right guy.

Cromartie ran a 4.36 at his pro day, which is amazing considering was something like 8-9 months removed from the ACL injury. If anything he may regain even more speed before its all said and done. Either way he has amazing physical gifts. Though his technique is raw, this is due to lack of experience, not an inability to learn. Give him a teacher like Saban and the sky is the limit on this kid.

How is it a smokecreen if you expect Wimbley or Cromartie to be the pick?

Edit: Nevermind, I read your post wrong.

Would we take Cromartie if Jimmy Williams is still there? I think i want Cromartie most also but my gut says we'll go for Williams/Whitner if its a DB pick. Maybe even a few other guys over Cromartie

I think Watkins is the guy they were there to see. It wasn't exactly a smokescreen, but it's nice that people will jump to a false conclusion.

Wimbley could be a factor if he's there, but I think he goes to Cleveland.

Lee2000 said:
The trip to FSU was the biggest smoke screen yet to hide intentions. I expect Wimbley, but if he is gone I think it could be Cromartie, and they will go after a rusher later (such as Anderson from Alabama or the kid from Tenn.).
I just don't trust activity prior to the draft, but I do believe Wimbley makes incredible sense, as does Cromartie. Personally, Cromarties come along less frequently than Wimbleys. I would take him or Whitner, then pick up a rusher later. That is a change of thought for me the day before the draft.

Lee2000

We don't need a running back.:rolleyes:

Donte Whitner is the consensus pick for Miami from most draft experts. I don't know much about Whitners play but I would LOVE to see Cromartie in Miami.

I have a feeling Cromartie and Lawson will not be there for Miami to select with #16.

MiamiMan147 said:
Cromartie ran a 4.36 at his pro day, which is amazing considering was something like 8-9 months removed from the ACL injury. If anything he may regain even more speed before its all said and done. Either way he has amazing physical gifts. Though his technique is raw, this is due to lack of experience, not an inability to learn. Give him a teacher like Saban and the sky is the limit on this kid.

You don't spend the 16th pick on a guy who is raw. Unless he's playing safety he's not a need.

Drafting a college player for a franchise has ALOT to do with a players potential. College players are not essentially looked at to fill a current need.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Donte Whitner is the consensus pick for Miami from most draft experts. I don't know much about Whitners play but I would LOVE to see Cromartie in Miami.

I have a feeling Cromartie and Lawson will not be there for Miami to select with #16.

LAWSON AND CROMARTIE ARE NOT GOING BEFORE 16TH PICK THAT IS FOR SURE. AND IF SO WHO

AirChambers84 said:
Would we take Cromartie if Jimmy Williams is still there? I think i want Cromartie most also but my gut says we'll go for Williams/Whitner if its a DB pick. Maybe even a few other guys over Cromartie

If all things were equal with injuries, Cro would be a top 10 pick. Williams had a lot of hype before the season, but dissapionted this year. Not to mention that Williams was a let down at his combine and pro day. Cro had better upside and measureables than Jimmy. Their grades are close, but you know who I like.

the key word here was "if", I did not say it was a smokescreen

Jimmy James said:
I think Watkins is the guy they were there to see. It wasn't exactly a smokescreen, but it's nice that people will jump to a false conclusion.

Wimbley could be a factor if he's there, but I think he goes to Cleveland.
I said it could be one. Personally, I think they should draft one of those two guys.

Lee2000

Back
Top Bottom