Extending Parker might be the smartest move right now. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extending Parker might be the smartest move right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It’s a risk for sure. I don’t suspect he will regress as a player at this point but the injury potential is always out there.

If he picks up where he left off last season (playing like an All-pro), he’s looking at $15 million plus on the open market.

Do you try and tack on 3 years, like $33 million now?

Edit: didn’t realize he was extended already. Just looked up the numbers, comparable to what I was thinking so will give myself some credit.

Last edited:
It’s a risk for sure. I don’t suspect he will regress as a player at this point but the injury potential is always out there.

If he picks up where he left off last season (playing like an All-pro), he’s looking at $15 million plus on the open market.

Do you try and tack on 3 years, like $33 million now?
My favorite GM in any sport is Lou Lamoriello who ran the New Jersey Devils for over 2 decades in the NHL. He would always so that when you have time on your side to use it.

We just extended him through his prime for a very affordable contract and are out when he is into his 30s. There is no reason to do that now and put yourself in a worse position.

The same can be said for Albert Wilson. We can get out of his contract prior to week 1 for the exact same as it is now. Hold onto him through training camp and then make the decision.

Wow I feel foolish for not realizing he was extended already.

For some reason i thought he was still on that two year, $12 million dollar deal, going into the final year.

I like the numbers I’m seeing, should be a bargain if he stays healthy.

Wow I feel foolish for not realizing he was extended already.

For some reason i thought he was still on that two year, $12 million dollar deal, going into the final year.

I like the numbers I’m seeing, should be a bargain if he stays healthy.

Even after we extended him, he's underpaid.

It is one of our best contracts.

The Dolphins signed Parker to a four-year contract extension that runs through 2023, the team announced Friday. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the extension is worth $40 million over four years, including $21.5 million in guarantees and an $8 million signing bonus.

Even after we extended him, he's underpaid.

It is one of our best contracts.
I find it ironic that you of all people like what Miami is paying a constantly injured DeVante Parker, but go on and on about not drafting Tua because you believe he is injury prone. Amazing.

I was thrilled to see Parker finally give us the big plays that we drafted him for. The light went on. That's how huge coaching is imo. Under Gase this kid never would have stepped up. These coaches, led by Flo are very big on teaching the fine points of the game. Now if Charles Harris could find the QB ever it would be nice.

I find it ironic that you of all people like what Miami is paying a constantly injured DeVante Parker, but go on and on about not drafting Tua because you believe he is injury prone. Amazing.

It’s not ironic whatsoever because she putting a series of set assumptions on his decision that DoNt apply to Tua, such as

1. demonstrated success in the nfl
2. demonstrated success in the nfl
3. Demonstrated success in the nfl

It’s not ironic whatsoever because she putting a series of set assumptions on his decision that DoNt apply to Tua, such as

1. demonstrated success in the nfl
2. demonstrated success in the nfl
3. Demonstrated success in the nfl
Yeah, it's way smarter to pay a guy that has proven he can't stay healthy while in the NFL than to draft a guy who had one serious freak injury in college. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's way smarter to pay a guy that has proven he can't stay healthy while in the NFL than to draft a guy who had one serious freak injury in college. :rolleyes:

“One serious freak injury” hahaha

I’m pro drafting Tua but COME ON. Be honest, Rick! Cmon now!

how many seasons, full seasons, has Tua played? Answer me that, then tell me you’re being honest in your argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom