Extra Bandwith For The Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Extra Bandwith For The Draft?

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Any interest in opening up donations to increase bandwidth for the upcoming draft? Since the site understandably goes down during the draft, I'm guessing other members wouldn't mind chipping in a little to help things go more smoothly.

Any interest in opening up donations to increase bandwidth for the upcoming draft? Since the site understandably goes down during the draft, I'm guessing other members wouldn't mind chipping in a little to help things go more smoothly.
I don't think that will happen when we can't even cover the $650 per month goal (which my guess is the net cost to keep the doors open). If current members would be willing to pay for extra bandwidth they should consider covering the current bandwidth cost first. Someone is obviously covering the cost to keep the site up and running and to ask them to increase the bandwidth and us members would pay for it wouldn't be right. I would take offense to that if I owned the site. Extra bandwidth is a good idea, don't get me wrong, but it's not right to ask for the extra bandwidth if we are not even covering the cost of the bandwidth we have. If we were covering it, only then would it be appropriate to ask for an increase. We should all be thankful the site owner is continuing to fund the site to keep it open for us. I wish everyone would donate something each month, even $5 a month with all the active members we have would more than cover the cost to run the site, but very few donate. This is by far the best MD fan site going and would hate to see us lose it. God bless the owner for his generosity, I truly mean that. Not blasting you at all Finomenal, I'm with ya, I would like it increased too, but it wouldn't be right for us to ask.

It would be a great motivator to support the site with a VIP membership before the draft, and only VIP members, Super Donators would have access to the site during the draft. There are a lot of members that get around the sites ad's by using ad blocker, and don't contribute to the site at all. If these members would at least get a VIP membership it would help the owner, the site, and handle the traffic around the draft. The complaints will come from those that haven't supported the site.

Last edited:
Yes it would be super but Henrik doesn't make a nickle off the site. He actually pays to keep the lights on I believe. I started a thread about the chat feature in the main forum and hopefully if we get a couple new members from it that would be great.

I wish we had 312 VIPs. That's all it would take to hit $650 per month for 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom