FA Quarter Backs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA Quarter Backs

Man I saw the Redskins games and George was one of the reasons Norv ended up being fired. George was NOT a good QB under Norv Turner. Brad's production dipped his second year its true, but George ended up taking too many sacks because he'd do these 9 step drops so that he could fire the ball 50 yards downfield every play. With Brad Johnson there the offense was allowed to work itself. With Jeff George in at QB, he'd fire the ball 50 yards down field every other play. Incompletion, incompletion, incompletion, incompletion. Incompletions don't allow a running game to get going properly to help you win games. They just force you to throw the ball more

I agree with CK here, I saw way too many games of the skins when George started...I love the arm, but he's a pain if he ain't starting..but then again, he'd probaly settle for the 3rd, just to get back in the NFL..but then he's going to push for playing time...George just running a scout team...I don't see it.. The 2nd half of the year he played for Norv..he did start playing better..but he was not great..went for the bomb every time...and got intercepted because he was predictable.

I'd rather have Ryan Leaf over Jeff George :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolphan39
I'd rather have Ryan Leaf over Jeff George :rolleyes:

Be careful of what you ask for...:rolleyes:

I know we need 3 QBs on the roster, and that we would want the best on available...but heaven help us if we ever need to use QB #3....:eek:

I wonder if we really need three QBs on the roster. If we have to go to a third QB we are pretty much dead anyway. We could either sign one of these guys later (if needed) or promote which ever of the two rookies we have from the practice squad.

Buffalo just cut David Priestley. No? Oh Well, I just though I'd make the offer. Buffalo by the was is very happy with their #3, Travis Brown.

Brown played in a few games last year and looked HORRIBLE with little chance of ever being anything.

You can have him.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I wonder if we really need three QBs on the roster. If we have to go to a third QB we are pretty much dead anyway. We could either sign one of these guys later (if needed) or promote which ever of the two rookies we have from the practice squad.

You know i had that same thought..why not just keep one on the practice squad and promote him if needed..Basically the 3rd just takes up roster space that could be used to keep a good lineman, WR or RB...Rarely does a team go 3 deep in a regular season game..usually the backup is all that's needed..I'd said train a WR to be the 3rd QB for emergencies..Then the next week, bring up the PS QB to take over until the others come back..

Here we go..Pat can be the 3rd QB during games..

As the players walked off the field Wednesday afternoon, cornerback Patrick Surtain launched a pass that went at least 50 yards toward linebacker Derrick Rodgers, who made an attempt to catch the pass, but didn't come close. Rodgers pointed out that Surtain was a quarterback in high school and joked that he couldn't catch the ball because he wasn't wearing his helmet.

As the players walked off the field Wednesday afternoon, cornerback Patrick Surtain launched a pass that went at least 50 yards toward linebacker Derrick Rodgers, who made an attempt to catch the pass, but didn't come close. Rodgers pointed out that Surtain was a quarterback in high school and joked that he couldn't catch the ball because he wasn't wearing his helmet.

Phnstd: "Brown played in a few games last year and looked HORRIBLE with little chance of ever being anything."

I think Brown played in only one regular season game last year. As it happens, I think it was the debacle vs. the fins in December. The Bills were basically running for the bus by then, but Brown statistically had a half way decent game under tough circumstances, or so we thought, and seemed to play with enthusiasm.

I don't want to debate the issue here since this thread is really about your QB situation. In the grand scheme of things Travis Brown's ability is not liable to become a big issue with either the Bills or the Dolphins.

Obviously Wanne read this thread and decided that there were no decent FA QBs out there; so he traded for a 3rd QB :D

Obviously.

Though the prospect of having Geo Carmazzi hold a clipboard for his old quarterbacks coach, Jay Fiedler...is pretty amusing.

Back
Top Bottom