FA WRs, O-linemen selection | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA WRs, O-linemen selection

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
Which FA WRs and O-linemen can the Fins afford to get? I'm pretty sure Keyshawn, Bruce, and Owens are too expensive, unless they decide to take a pay cut a la Karl Malone.

I think the Fins should release or trade Jay and resign Sage and keep Griese; resign Buckley, McKnight, Turk, Greenwood, Minor, maybe Nails; keep whole starting defense intact; restructure JT and Thomas's salaries by convincing them it's good for the team; cut/trade Derrius Thompson, Ruddy, Dixon, Fletcher, Todd Perry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Regan21286
Which FA WRs and O-linemen can the Fins afford to get? I'm pretty sure Keyshawn, Bruce, and Owens are too expensive, unless they decide to take a pay cut a la Karl Malone.

bruce has said in the past he would like to play in florida his final years because he lives there.

also Keyshawn isn't getting any money anywhere. what about Toomer? John Tait is someone who RM is gonna have to try to get.

Oh yeah, Tait. But can the Fins afford him unless they make a lotta cuts and restructuring...Any other linemen for the left side?

Originally posted by DolFan31
Bruce is getting old..I dont want another Tony Martin.

Bruce will be 30 next year, and he has football left in him. One guy I like is Darrell Jackson. He drops passes here and there, but is VERY dangerous and would be the ideal compliment receiver for Chambers. Northcutt would make a great #3 WR, and would upgrade the #2 spot, though we can do better.

Id like to have Northcutt here...

Isnt Peter Warrick a FA?

Darrell Jackson Im still not sure about.

Originally posted by DolFan31

Isnt Peter Warrick a FA?

Nah, he was like the #4 overall pick in 2000. I think he's a FA in like 2006. IMO, Cincy would listen to offers for Warrick, since they have one of the league's elites in Johnson(who makes the #2's job SO much easier), and they have Kelley Washington who may be ready to start next year. I don't see Warrick being traded, but there's always that 15-20% chance. ;)

I wouldn't give up much for Warrick anyways. Look at how he played before Johnson TRULY broke out.

Kelley Wash is another guy we should've taken over Moore.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Northcutt is the type of guy we'll look for as we don't have much money to go for big names.

Jackson is a RFA and will get the 1 tender I'm sure.

Warrick was awesome when he was with my Seminoles. But you cant blame him he was on the Bengals who didnt have a real good QB until Kitna who didnt break out again until this year.

Keep Griese ? Hell no....

Trade or Release Fiedler ? I don't care ....

Keep Mcknight ? For what?

Let me get my list out. It has not changed.

McKnight
Ruddy
Perry
Thompson
Fletcher
Griese
Fiedler

That's is like 16m-18m right there. Re-structures are needed after that.

T. Bowens maybe if we really need to
same with Marion

4m for both.

UFA RT UFA LT
Soloman Page Chad Clifton
John Tait Damian McIntosh (did fairly well vs Taylor)
Orlando Brown Matt Stinchcomb (also plays LG)

UFA RG UFA LG
Jamar Nesbit Adam Timmerman
Jeno James

RFA
Ryan Diem (4th rd tender at RT)
Rick DeMulling (7th rd tender at RG)

These are the guys I'd look at prior to the cuts of course.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

Jackson is a RFA and will get the 1 tender I'm sure.

No he isn't, Jackson was selected in 2000.

Anyone think Walter Jones up in Seattle finally gets out of there? He hasn't seemed happy at all and I am not sold on Seattle wanting to keep him there, especially if they get the boot in the first round. If he comes out, we need to get him.

Amani Toomer is available is he not? I imagine we won't even sniff him but just in case keep him in mind.

Back
Top Bottom