Falcons-Jags last night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Falcons-Jags last night

I sure haven't seen Vick improve none since last year.
Rocket Arm with no accuracy.
Did anyone see his stats they displayed from last year.
2,300 yds passing (53%)
908 yds rushing (3rd most all-time by a QB)
He played all 16 games and only had 2,300 yds passing, What a Joke!!!!

but that's not totally the bread and butter of his game... besides the fact that they're a running team, and have (had) below average receivers, if you put so much credence on yards... add the 900 yards on the ground to his passing...

what impresses me more and more is his decisions of when to run...and his tactful sliding and diving to avoid contact, while still baffling the opponent's blitz and picking up the first down on 3rd and 7 time and time again... he's maturing finally with his game management...

i see him getting better, sorry if you don't...

Vick is not very good at all, he gets constant pressure on him. He's not accurate, he makes poor decisions in the pocket. He can still make plays on his feet, but there is absolutley no way this Falcons team can beat the Eagles and win the NFC. Jim Johnson and Monty Kiffin have designed defensive blue prints to stop Vick, that the entire NFL is mimicking, and the Eagles will contain him with their defense better than anyone in the entire NFL. I dont even know if the Falcons make the playoffs, looking at their schedule the first 7 games they could honestly go 0-7. While they wont go 0-7, it's reasonable they could go 2-5 or 3-4 in those games, very tough to start the season.

FlyersCupCrazy said:
Vick is not very good at all, he gets constant pressure on him. He's not accurate, he makes poor decisions in the pocket. He can still make plays on his feet, but there is absolutley no way this Falcons team can beat the Eagles and win the NFC. Jim Johnson and Monty Kiffin have designed defensive blue prints to stop Vick, that the entire NFL is mimicking, and the Eagles will contain him with their defense better than anyone in the entire NFL. I dont even know if the Falcons make the playoffs, looking at their schedule the first 7 games they could honestly go 0-7. While they wont go 0-7, it's reasonable they could go 2-5 or 3-4 in those games, very tough to start the season.

how is "constant pressure" his fault?

anyhow, if you feel Vick is "not very good at all" because one team bottled them up one game in the NFC championship.... and if you feel they "could honestly go 0-7," you really need to re-evaluate the method by which you judge NFL talent... because, well... you're wrong...

but then, maybe you know more than the Falcons' personnel...

while i wouldn't put him in the elite category just yet, i would say Vick is among the top third of NFL quarterbacks, all aspects considered... what he lacks in read and recognition, he makes up with his legs and buying time.. their receivers are what's holding him back... he seems to connect pretty well with his one true threat -- Crumpler -- whom other teams focus on...

Back
Top Bottom