Fan Dead After Falling Over Rangers Ballpark Wall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fan Dead After Falling Over Rangers Ballpark Wall

Dphins4me

Active Roster
Reaction score
A man attending a Texas Rangers game with his young son died after falling out of the stands and about 20 feet to the ground while trying to catch a baseball tossed his way Thursday night, the Rangers and Arlington fire officials said.

Arlington Fire Department officials said in a statement that another fan nearby tried unsuccessfully to grab the man to keep him from falling. They said the victim's son did not fall.

"We had a very tragic accident tonight and one of our fans lost their life reaching over the rail trying to get a ball," team president Nolan Ryan said. "As an organization, and as our team members and our staff, we're very heavy-hearted about this, and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family."

A very somber Ryan didn't get into details about the accident or release the man's name.

Fan Dead After Falling Over Rangers Ballpark Wall

After spending this past weekend in Atlanta watching 3 Braves/Orioles Games I'm not surprise something like this happens. It amazes me how people go after a ~$10 dollar item. Went to batting practice one of the nights with the hopes of getting one for my son. I had a ball hit right at me with no one around & this 65-70 Yr. old man with a glove comes running & stretching out like a All-Star outfielder making the catch ( Which I was glad, since had he missed it, then it would have been deflected into my face )

A couple of HR later without moving had a ball bounce right to me. Mission accomplished without risking a broken bone, broken glass or separated joint.

Why people risk injury for such an item is astonishing.

The family we went down there with had some other guy jump on his back trying to take a ball out of his hand. Adults taking balls away from kids when players would toss some balls up their way.

I had another ball in my hands prior to getting the one I did & seen a kid reaching for it also, so I backed away to let him have it.

Why do grown men risk so much for a item that carries no value?

Attendance has clearly fallen in Arlington.

and nobody deserves to die like this , but its just a baseball, the two moments in sports where the fans absolutely lose their minds is when a baseball goes into the stands and when nba mascots and cheerleaders shoot t-shirts into the crowd with giant slingshots..

heres the video..

link

i feel bad for the kids 6 year old son who was right next to his father when he died.. R.I.P

Why couldnt that lady who took a ball away from that little girl last month fallen over the rail instead of this guy.

Back
Top Bottom