Fan Reaction to NCT art. on Brees! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fan Reaction to NCT art. on Brees!

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Comments On This Story
bolt fan wrote on February 22, 2006 4:56 PM:"Do the right thing....If they hadn't had Brees playing in that "nothing" game...Rivers would have got some real playing time, and Brees wouldn't have gotten hurt. Keep Brees...Get Rivers some playing time and Get the Chargers to the Super Bowl.....Don't make any hasty decisions...What may look good on paper may not turn out to be what you bargain for...remember the Leaf drama!!? I say stick with Brees...."
Gnarly Charlie wrote on February 22, 2006 4:45 PM:"AJ knows what he's doing. He's made some pretty nice moves in the draft and in free agency. Do Steve Foley, Mike Goff, Shawn Merriman, and Luis Castillo ring a bell? Rivers is AJ's guy and has been from the start. Brees is damaged goods right now, so it's a risk either way. Let's use this $20 million we have under the cap and surround Rivers with a great team."
sean c. wrote on February 22, 2006 4:03 PM:"obviously AJ has been observing rivers in practice for two years, he has seen plenty of chemistry between philip & all of our offensive weapons . next up free agency and enough money left over for the draft. can you feel the adrenalin!!"
Postman wrote on February 22, 2006 2:56 PM:"Do you think Drew would wear Silver-n-Black just to prove a point?"
edward g. wrote on February 22, 2006 12:23 PM:"AJ, I Believe- Go For It. PR is the Future!!"
Jimbo wrote on February 22, 2006 10:43 AM:"I feel sorry for Rivers. Too much will be expected in his first year. Big Ben, with a 22 passer rating in the Super Bowl, had the luxury of letting his team win the championship for him. Not the case in SD. Also PR will always have the question hanging over him that he never won the starting job from Brees, despite being a #4 pick."
GN wrote on February 22, 2006 10:12 AM:"Bottom line, Smith is just arrogant. He's fallen pray to what happened to Beathard. He thinks he can evaluate talent even better than observing actual performance. The facts are very simple and they show that Brees is one of the best quarterbacks in the league. So why is Smith willing to pay an unproven PR millions but won't pay a proven Brees. The math just doesn't make sense. So he is either just using a negotiating tactic or arrogant. "
ALFONSO S wrote on February 22, 2006 9:09 AM:"BREES IS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS.HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BREAK UP THAT CHEMISTRY THAT BREES AND GATES HAVE?AND WHAT ABOUT WHAT lt and bress have? THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!!!!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER ME !!!!!!!!"
Dee Tee wrote on February 22, 2006 9:09 AM:"Is everyone NUTS? The Chargers have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl next year have you seen our schedule? As long as we dont pull a Indy and blow it in the playoffs. Do you seriosly think that a first year starting QB is going to ba able to pull that off WAKE UP Charger fans!!!The Clock is ticking... tic tic tic. Oh by the way ask LT or Randall G how they really feel about it all?"
Patrick wrote on February 22, 2006 2:07 AM:"It is really to bad that A.J. Smith's ego is more important to him than than what is best for this team. It was good having the team in San Diego, but this will help them move out of town."
Bob wrote on February 21, 2006 7:54 PM:"Right on Sean! It's about time we get to see what Philip Rivers can do with this team. Marty will finally be forced to play Philip Rivers.....if he would have given him some practice and playing time this past year, maybe Philip would have been given a fair chance to be ready when called upon after Brees' injury. The blame is not with A.J.....it is with Marty who continues to be the real problem with the Chargers. Big Ben proved that a rookie quarterback can be the answer if given the chance.....Philip Rivers will be the answer to the Chargers Super Bowl win!"
Larry wrote on February 21, 2006 7:43 PM:"AJ if you do this, it’s not only goodbye Brees, but goodbye Super Bowl, Goodbye stadium, and goodbye San Diego. What a sad day to be a Chargers fan, I’ve lost all confidence in AJ, maybe it’s time for him go. "
sean c. wrote on February 21, 2006 7:14 PM:"we already have a lot of cap space invested in rivers. instead of spending whats left on an injured QB lets upgrade the o-line & a couple of vicious (a la Rodney Hharrison type) defenders. and we will be SCARY ! look where the colts are after wasting ridiculous ammounts of cap space on manning.we will be awesome for years to come. Put on the face paint & get loud (so opponents offensive line can`t here snap count). lets go BOLTS !"
Ed F wrote on February 21, 2006 6:43 PM:"How can the Chargers turn their back on Drew? AJ Smith is using Brees injury as an excuse. He has wanted to let Brees go ever since he drafted Rivers. How can he continue to pay three quarterbacks? Brees is a know commodity. He has proven he can win in the league. I bet Brees would get a charge playing for the Raiders and letting the Chargers have it on the football field. Smith should reconsider and get him to sign a long term contract."
Robert V. of Chula Vista wrote on February 21, 2006 6:08 PM:"Lets get on with it and it's over! Shottenheimer screwed up for under- utilizing and under-achieving with the talent at his disposal. Shottenheimer knows he's at the end of the line, this year, PERIOD! A.J. Smith is not waiting for anyone and is moving forward, as he should. Brees was good but not earth shattering, good numbers but with limitations. Brees took too long to read and release the ball. When Brees was hurried, costly interceptions or fumbles ensued. Linebackers converged with multiple blitz packages and stacked the line to dare Brees to pass and he failed time and time again. So come on San Diego, GET OVER IT! I preditcted Brees to be gone, so it's now Phillip Rivers turn at the helm. It's time to see what he can do for $40 MILLION. I tell you what, he can throw deep and accuratly. Nothing wrong with his mechanics and he can see over the lineman where Brees couldn't. A.J. Smith is cleaning house of dead weight and is doing what a good General Manager should be doing! A.J. Smith is doing exactly what I would be doing. Instead of Oceanside the Chargers should seriously consider Chula Vista, plenty of land available. Great Job Chargers!"
Andrew W wrote on February 21, 2006 5:49 PM:"philip rivers showed he was capable of being a starting quarterback in the game against Denver. All he needs is a few games under his belt and I think he is capable of leading the chargers to the playoffs in the future."
Charger fan wrote on February 21, 2006 5:40 PM:"I think that AJ is looking to get a deal done before the draft. If it doesnt happen (at his price) then he knows what direction to go in the draft. If Brees does sign (which I hope he will) then you will see Rivers traded before the draft, and we will be looking at 2 first round picks. It amazes me how quickly people are jumping off the wagon already, the same people who complained of the chargers trading away the #1 pick for LT, and brees. "
Fin Fan In Cali wrote on February 21, 2006 5:39 PM:"To the Bolt fans I feel for you. I am hoping that Miami picks Brees up, because I think he will help us a lot! I wish the Bolts and there fans the very best in 2006, but Brees you are more them welcome in Miami Brother!"
Ry wrote on February 21, 2006 4:32 PM:"The bottom line, a shoulder injury does not just go away. Brees is good guy,and brings a lot of chemistry to the team. Rivers, may need to be given a few games to start to let Brees continue to heal. If Brees contract is up and he wants more $$ let him go...I believe Rivers is still the man!!"
Sick of Losing wrote on February 21, 2006 3:53 PM:"i think AJ Smith has done a fair job so far, but remember when AJ & John Butler played hardball with John Carney?? We didn't have a decent kicker for 3-4 years until Kaeding, and Carney is still making field goals. i hope Rivers earns his salary and is a great player, but if not this move might be as bad as drafting Ryan Leaf. "
alyssa wrote on February 21, 2006 2:53 PM:"It seems to me that AJ smith has made some good decisions in the past, especially with how well Luis Castillo and Shawne Merriman performed this year. And I'm sure Philip Rivers is really capable. But shouldn't they keep Brees and at least let the two compete for the starting job?? I mean, we don't want to have to depend on Feeley if Rivers gets injured. I don't want to be singing the woulda coulda shouldas next year because we have the reincarnation of Ryan Leaf. It seems to me someone like AJ who hates uncertainty would be willing to part with a little of the salary cap for a proven QB vs. one he hopes can make it. "
Vinnie D wrote on February 21, 2006 2:26 PM:"Brees has proved beond a dought that this was his team.I think both sides have to take a deep breath and think this one out.I think the team is taking a step backwards without him"
Jack wrote on February 21, 2006 1:41 PM:"As the sun slowly sets in the West, the Chargers sink again to play in the basement till the new guy understands the pros! Good Luck to Brees, where ever he lands, he will do good! Thanks for the Memories!!!"
Savage Lizard wrote on February 21, 2006 1:31 PM:"JP is right on the money. It's a negotiation. Unlike what most charger fans seem to think, a negotiation isn't A.J. handing a blank check to Brees and Condon."
sean c wrote on February 21, 2006 12:46 PM:"fear not my fellow bolt fans there is a charger savior who has been waiting patiently. he is a proven leader. his work ethic is tomlinsonesque. he has the quickest release since marino. he started 51 straight in college.and he is six foot five!get ready for tears of joy when tomlinson & rivers are hoisting the lombardy trophy in san diego, philip you`re the man!"

Back
Top Bottom