Fangio Vs. Weaver/McDaniel - A Referendum On Cam Smith And The Defense Overall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio Vs. Weaver/McDaniel - A Referendum On Cam Smith And The Defense Overall

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
As you know Fangio is now the DC in Philadelphia:

-Philadelphia drafted 2 CBs, in the first and second round. Can they understand Fangio's defense and do they get on the field? How do they look? At the same time, how will Cam Smith do for us this year, with the benefit of an extra year and a new DC? We have two ways of figuring out how much of the issue was Cam Smith, and how much of the issue was Fangio?

-Then the other question is how does the Philly defense look outright and relative to last year, and then the same for the Dolphins? Who gets better, and who gets worse? Which team ends up with the better D? Both teams are starting from scratch with a new DC, so a fair compare. Granted, talent levels may be different, I am not sure. But it will be interesting to watch as well.

Any guesses as to how this all plays out?

-Philadelphia drafted 2 CBs, in the first and second round. Can they understand Fangio's defense and do they get on the field? How do they look? At the same time, how will Cam Smith do for us this year, with the benefit of an extra year and a new DC? We have two ways of figuring out how much of the issue was Cam Smith, and how much of the issue was Fangio?

-Then the other question is how does the Philly defense look outright and relative to last year, and then the same for the Dolphins? Who gets better, and who gets worse? Which team ends up with the better D? Both teams are starting from scratch with a new DC, so a fair compare. Granted, talent levels may be different, I am not sure. But it will be interesting to watch as well.

Way too many posts. - LOL

Fangio didn’t want to be here. He accepted the job before realizing the Philadelphia job would come available and spent every minute since then regretting his decision. Cam Smith was the victim of a grumpy, impatient old man who was not invested in this team or this job and who had 0.0% interest in breaking in an over-aggressive rookie cornerback.

Smith is probably going to be very good this year, and Fangio is probably going to be much more patient with the rookies in Philly.

I expect our defense to be better than last year.

Those 2 kids could turn out to be the best 2 corners in the history of the NFL he still won't put either one of them on the other teams best receiver when that guy has caught 15 passes in a row for 385 yards!

growing up hip hop news flash who gives a fuck GIF by WE tv

Pretending like Miami hasn't had two outstanding DC minded guys in Flores and Fangio is just being bitter. However, understanding that Flores while great on D absolutely struggled to run a viable offense is key, he needed a better OC on the roster. Fangio absolutely maximized the edge rushing potential of the outside linebackers / DEs, his blitz disguises were superior but it was clear his heart was in Philly. He's old and wanted to be near family and I am sure that caused the riff.

I wish Vic hadn't wasted Miami's time, switching coordinators year after year is just detrimental to success, hopefully Weaver is here for some time and runs a good D.

Last edited:

I like this ? and this time of year is a good time to bat this kind of thing around.
I don't have the answer, but I haven't heard/seen anything negative about Cam, and often times rookie CBs don't make an impact.
I'd LOVE to see Fuller, Cam, and Ramsey all on the field at once playing to their abilities. If they can, forget it.

I, too, was wondering about this.

Then, I realized I don't give 2 hoots about the South Jersey Dumpster Pigeons

Props to @Fin-Loco for the wonderfully derogatory nickname
It is a good one. I am working on some others.

I think I called the Falcons the EBT Enabled Swill Vultures.

Bills are the Western NY Meth Carnies.

I need to come up with some other stuff.

Fangio didn’t want to be here. He accepted the job before realizing the Philadelphia job would come available and spent every minute since then regretting his decision. Cam Smith was the victim of a grumpy, impatient old man who was not invested in this team or this job and who had 0.0% interest in breaking in an over-aggressive rookie cornerback.

Smith is probably going to be very good this year, and Fangio is probably going to be much more patient with the rookies in Philly.

I expect our defense to be better than last year.
My gut feeling is that there is a lot of truth in this post.

Back
Top Bottom