TraderJoe

FinHeaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
11: R1P11
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE

I wanted the guard Q. Nelson but he wasn’t there so I went with the guy who got 1 of the 2 career sacks that Nelson ever gave up!

42: R2P10
LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

Almost went with the UTEP G here but couldn’t pass up this great talent and attitude to replace our AWOL linebacker. First two rounds looking like last year so far!

*Josh Allen was available but that is is simply ridiculous.

73: R3P9
C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS

The injury makes him last this long I guess. Can play guard and eventually replace Pouncey.

113: R4P11
TE DALTON SCHULTZ
STANFORD

Great blocker, under used receiving talent. Could be a real steal here.

132: R4P30
WR TREY QUINN
SMU

Assuming Landry is gone, Quinn’s passion and fire are the replacement.

186: R6P9
QB TANNER LEE
NEBRASKA

Doubt he last this long but there is our developmental QB.

223: R7P5
G COLBY GOSSETT
APPALACHIAN STATE

Big, strong, pass heavy offense, pretty good at the second level. Insurance in case Assiata doesn’t work out.

229: R7P11
RB AKRUM WADLEY
IOWA

Not exactly the size we are looking for but couldn’t pass on the talent.

That’s the QB I want them to get to learn and backup Tannehill, if they don’t pick up Josh Allen at 11 or he’s already been picked up.

Tanner Lee, he’s got the measureables. Had the 2nd biggest hand size, 10+ inches, after Josh Allen at the Senior bowl and the kid has great arm strength, I’m going to say right up there with Allen as well. Kid has also played well against some top tier college team, but has played some awful games against scrub teams.

Would be an excellent developmental QB. Needs to work on his accuracy though.

Last edited:
I went back and watched two of his games, Northwestern and Iowa. He stares down his receivers and he is erratic. He does seem to have pretty good mobility, but his pocket awareness sucks.

Nebraska quarterback Tanner Lee has decided to forgo his final season with the Cornhuskers and declare for the 2018 NFL Draft.
Starting his career at Tulane Lee transferred to the Big 10 and sat out the entire 2016 season for Nebraska. Starting 12 games in 2017, Lee threw a career-high 23 touchdowns, but also hit a career high with 16 interceptions.
Lee carried hype into his first season with Nebraska after an impressive showing at the Manning Passing Academy last summer. His physical presence at 6’4 is the mold of an NFL quarterback and his performance amongst the top college quarterbacks caught the eyes of many talent evaluators.
Patrick Woo, College Scouting Coordinator for the Reese’s Senior Bowl, highlighted Lee following the camp.
“Tanner’s a big-bodied pocket passer with a nice release and can really throw the deep ball. Smart quarterback with a live arm. Had a great week in Thibodaux.”
Lee’s stock has certainly taken a hit and his departure from Nebraska is surprising. Ineligible for the Senior Bowl, the quarterback will turn 23 before the NFL Draft in Dallas next spring. Look for Lee to slot into the fifth round or later after a down season with the chance of landing with a practice squad during the season.
Teams looking for a developmental quaterback such as the New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Green Bay Packers, or Atlanta Falcons might take a swipe on the Nebraska prospect during the third day.
Lee will likely receive an invitation to the NFL Combine this winter and put himself next to some of the best talent in this years class. UCLA’s Josh Rosen, USC’s Sam Darnold, Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield, and Louisville’s Lamar Jackson are each projected to go in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
https://nflmocks.com/2017/12/29/2018-nfl-draft-nebraska-qb-tanner-lee-declares/

Last edited:
Watch the Penn state or Ohio state game. He didn’t do that bad against some of the top tier college teams. He is definitely a work in progress but would be a good late round pickup.
I agree. He definitely looks like a developmental guy. He needs some coaching, but he is a guy I would not be opposed giving a late round pick. If we could get him as an UDFA, so much the better.

Back
Top Bottom