Fantasy Fun. Name Your Best Fantasy Player Ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fantasy Fun. Name Your Best Fantasy Player Ever

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok. In honor of our new playland here for fantasy. Everyone name their best fantasy player that you had in any year of fantasy. I had Purple Jesus AP in 2012.

Devante Adams 2 years ago, Jonathan Taylor last year.

Back in 99, i think AOL used to run fantasy football. the way it worked was you were given like $100 and you had to "buy" your team. Players values changed weekly, so you could buy low and sale high on some players, players who were bust would bust the **** out of your payroll.

I bought Trent Green to be my QB cause no way anyone would not go off with that team. They traded for Faulk and drafted Tory Holt to go along with Isaac Bruce and Proehl. no way they could fail.

As soon as Trent went down I knew his season was over, I asked Jeeves who his backup was, some no name scrub named Kurt Warner. He was a minimum cost player, prob $1, and all i said was "No QB can fail in this offense"..

needless to say, i stake claim to being the first ever person to draft or pick up Kurt Warner in fantasy football and make him my starter other than direct family members or friends....thats not official but I would bet so.

Needless to say, my team was worth a lot more than the initial money at the end of the season

Back in 99, i think AOL used to run fantasy football. the way it worked was you were given like $100 and you had to "buy" your team. Players values changed weekly, so you could buy low and sale high on some players, players who were bust would bust the **** out of your payroll.

I bought Trent Green to be my QB cause no way anyone would not go off with that team. They traded for Faulk and drafted Tory Holt to go along with Isaac Bruce and Proehl. no way they could fail.

As soon as Trent went down I knew his season was over, I asked Jeeves who his backup was, some no name scrub named Kurt Warner. He was a minimum cost player, prob $1, and all i said was "No QB can fail in this offense"..

needless to say, i stake claim to being the first ever person to draft or pick up Kurt Warner in fantasy football and make him my starter other than direct family members or friends....thats not official but I would bet so.

Needless to say, my team was worth a lot more than the initial money at the end of the season
Great story! I didn't get into fantasy until '09. I was initially concerned it would make me pay less attention to the Phins. Little did I know that it just makes me a more well rounded NFL fan but my love for the phins hasn't diminished one iota.

Great story! I didn't get into fantasy until '09. I was initially concerned it would make me pay less attention to the Phins. Little did I know that it just makes me a more well rounded NFL fan but my love for the phins hasn't diminished one iota.

been playing since prob 97 i'd guess. College is the first time i owned my own personal computer.

It seems like those were more globally based than league based, but that was a longgg time ago.

The first live draft i ever did was prob around 2001-2002. That was insane. Got in a group with my cousins friends. He told me to just show up with whatever fantasy football tools i needed. I got there at the same time as my cousin, he was holding stacks of fantasy magazines, i had a case of icehouse....oooops.

That year sucked, internet still wasnt really huge so we had to call up the commish weekly to turn in our line ups, call other managers to work out trades. I've been commish for double digit leagues, if i did even 1 year of a league like that i would've retired from FF altogether

With email and texting, also just entering the data on the net, i would do a live one again but hell i cant think of 9 friends i could get together at the same time

First time I played was 1991. No computer, just a bunch of friends. We did the scoring from box scores in the paper.

First time I played was 1991. No computer, just a bunch of friends. We did the scoring from box scores in the paper.
That's awesome. I remember going every day to Barnes & Noble or the school library to read all of the S. Fla papers for Dolphins news.

1998 Terrell Davis. 2008 rushing yards and 21 TD's. I also had Jamal Anderson on that team who had 1846 rushing yards and 14 TD's.

It was my 4th year of playing fantasy football and my first of many championship teams.

Back
Top Bottom