Favorate all Nfl players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorate all Nfl players

Originally posted by miadphan13
I agree with most of you, but I would also like to add Junior Seau. He plays with great heart and to stay loyal to the Chargers all these years says ALOT. :)

Yes...............and I`d like to add Mike Singletary to the distinguished group..........talk about intensity.

One more...............Otto Graham..............I saw him play when I was kid. :)

Although he WAS a divisional rival (I am happy he isn't anymore because he is a great played) I really like Edgerrin James.

I know Deion isn't a popular pick, but that guy could flat out ball. He was the best cover corner until he signed with the skins. I don't know why I liked him so much, his endzone dance was also very cool. But don't hate on Deion, he was one of the best athletes ever.

You youngun's don't remember guys like
1. Jim Brown - flat out the best RB ever to cleat up.
2. Ray Nietchke (never could spell it) same intensity and toughness as Butkus, but also thought about who he was going to hit.
3. John Unitas - no records to speak of, but could lead a team and created all the molds that Dan Marino broke.
4. Dan Marino - stage two of three above.
5. Deacon Jones - invented the sack, need I say more.
6. Lance Alworth (Bambi) - absolutely great receiver.
7. Gayle Sayers - most exciting runner around for a good number of years (think Barry Sanders but quicker with smoother moves)
8. Forrest Gregg - the prototype LT who could do it all.
9. Roger Staubach - He was a QB who knew how to play the game - started late because he served his hitch and still did a whole lot.
10. Larry Csonka - the fullback's fullback when the fullback played football and not just cleared the path for someone else.

With modern nutrition and weight training - in their prime any of these guys could suit up with any of today's players.

Originally posted by Fletch Longhorn
But don't hate on Deion, he was one of the best athletes ever.

Michael Jordan was one of the best athletes ever. Muhammad Ali was one of the best athletes ever. Ty Cobb was one of the best athletes ever. Deion Sanders was NOT one of the best athletes ever. Deion Sanders was one of the biggest trash talking fools of all time.

Booyeah,

How can you say that? Seriously? An NFL cornerback is by far the most difficult position to play physically. Those guys are so quick and fast it's amazing. Deion, is usually considered one of the best at this. Could he tackle? NO, but he did his job by shutting down half the field and taking a teams #1 receiver out of the game. He was also a pretty decent punt returner. Finally, Deion had a pretty impressive baseball career, considering he split time with football. ANY major leaguer, in my mind, is considered a top athlete. My point is, Deion's moderate success in baseball and TREMENDOUS success in the NFL at the hardest position (skill wise) makes him one of the best athletes of all time. Was Deion a pompous jerk who had an ego the size of Alaska? Yes! But love him or hate him, he was one of the best athletes that we will ever see.

First off, I can name at least 10 cornerbacks better than Sanders.
(No order)
Mel Renfro
Herb Adderley
Ronnie Lott
Lem Barney
Night Train Lane
Sam Madison
Willie Brown
Mike Haynes
Mel Blount
Jimmy Johnson

Originally posted by Fletch Longhorn

ANY major leaguer, in my mind, is considered a top athlete. My point is, Deion's moderate success in baseball and TREMENDOUS success in the NFL at the hardest position (skill wise) makes him one of the best athletes of all time. Was Deion a pompous jerk who had an ego the size of Alaska? Yes! But love him or hate him, he was one of the best athletes that we will ever see.

Any major leaguer is a top athlete? Look at 90% of all 1B and DH. Most of them are slow and a bit overweight. Players like Mo Vaughn, Mark McGwire, Greg Vaughn, Jason Giambi, John Kruk, etc., weren't big on triples or steals.

BTW, Sanders had a very average baseball career, and there have been quite a few multi-sport athletes who have succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom