Favorite moment as a Dophin Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite moment as a Dophin Fan

beating the chiefs 17-16 in the 90 playoffs (jan of 91) when Dan got hot in the 4th quarter, i'm to young to remember anything before the late 80's, so i have fond memories of the 90, and 92 teams, even though we couldnt get by the bills. the game we lost the next week in buffalo 44-34 stands out in my memory because of the snowstorm and small comeback we had in that game. after those childhood memories it would have to be penningtons revenge, but it hurts to have to go back so far and still not come up with any superbowls, or even afc championship game appearances.

Well I have a lot of them. But, my greatest moment ever as a Dolphins fan was to meet my idol Dan Marino #13 in 1999 in Oakland. He signed my Construction Helmet. I still have it. I also got autographs from Olindo Mare #10 , OJ McDuffie #81, Damon Huard #11 , Floyd Rodgers #59, Shawn Wooden #22, Calvin Jackson #38, Troy Drayton #84. We won 16-9. Dan was hurt that year. But, Jimmy Johnson had them prepared. I went to the busses and I saw most of the players. It was a great time!

my favorite was when we beat NYJ when they had Favre. Their last game in Giants stadium. I was able to be on the field with the team during warmups. Kicked their asses and watched rookies like Philip Merling play well!

Well I have a lot of them. But, my greatest moment ever as a Dolphins fan was to meet my idol Dan Marino #13 in 1999 in Oakland. He signed my Construction Helmet. I still have it. I also got autographs from Olindo Mare #10 , OJ McDuffie #81, Damon Huard #11 , Floyd Rodgers #59, Shawn Wooden #22, Calvin Jackson #38, Troy Drayton #84. We won 16-9. Dan was hurt that year. But, Jimmy Johnson had them prepared. I went to the busses and I saw most of the players. It was a great time!

I met OJ McDuffie when he was 18 trying to make the Penn State squad. I watched him play in the blue white game.

My first home game in Miami ...

Sage "Bring-em-back-alive" Rosenfels leads us to three late touchdowns to erase a 20 point deficit vs. the Bills.

Stadium was at least half empty by that point, and it was still one of the loudest damn places I've ever been in my life. My voice was gone for two days after that. It was awesome!!!

I vaguely remember the Super Bowl victories (was 6 and 7 respectively). However, my favorite memories are both from the '82 season. A late field goal by Von Schamann beating the Jets in the Orange Bowl and then of course the '82 AFC championship game. It sure seemed like we were destined in '82.
(Of course two of my worst memories are from that season too, the Riggins run killed me (I still can't watch that play) as well as watching Theismann swat the bobbled pass out of (I think) Baumhower's hands in the end zone).

Trace armstrong sacking flutie on our 2yard line to cause the fumble and end the game in the playoffs against that crappy doug flutie and the bills

I was at Buffalo wearing a Zach Thomas jersey (OF WHICH I RECEIVED CONSIDERABLE CRAP)

The date was December 17,2006 we lost that day to Buffalo 21-0 but I have never seen in my over 40 years of football
The effort that Zach Thomas gave that day...He had 21 tackles and 2 forced fumbles

While I was leaving the stadium so many fans were complimenting me on the Zach Thomas jersey
and how great they thought Thomas was ...I will never forget the effort Zach put in that day!!

I'm only 22 years old. But to be honest I haven't found that all time favorite play yet or favorite moment. Hopefully in time I will get to witness something as great as what most of they older fans have seen. As they say... History tends to repeat itself.

Was in emergency room with our baby girl this past Christmas due to a bad cold and lung infection. Met Ryan Tanehill and his Wife. They were giving out presents to children in the ER and gave my little girl a stuffed animal. Glad to see those guys giving back.

Besides the SB wins when I was a kid.....I would go with watching Olindo Mare kicking a game winning 53 yard field goal at Mile High Stadium, to beat the Denver Donkeys 24-22 in 2002.

I have 2:

1/ When we unleashed the wildcat on the Pats and embarrassed the hell out of them.
2/ When we beat the Jets with Pennington to win the AFC East and sealed it with a Favre INT.

For me, it was meeting Shula at his steak house, years ago. He took the time to spend a few minutes, and it was Special. I met Ali in the Bahamas for the Berbick fight, and they were both very similar in talking to legends of history. I will never forget either.

Back
Top Bottom