Favre to Start Monday Night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favre to Start Monday Night

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
According to the guys on ESPN for NFL Countdown, Brett Favre has been upgraded to probable and will start and play on Monday Night while wearing a special knee brace. He has taken snaps in practice on Thursday and Friday and is ready to go.

No not really, I think we all kind of new tat he would play. From what I have read, the Dolphins have prepared their gameplan with him being in there so they should be ready. I would say I would feel a little better if he wasn't playing though ;)

So basically Favre (who while a great QB has never been very mobile), is going to be even more limited in his ability to elude the pass rush while the guy trying to stop Jason Taylor is either A) and injured starter or B) a backup playing out of position. Right now the ones who should be scared are the Packers fans. We lose this game its just one game, you lose your QB and that's your whole season down the crapper. If Farve starts taking hits I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched even if his passes are accurate.

Faver will be accurate. I heard this morning on TV that he is the best player in the NFL right now and I agree. He makes everyone around him better and when he is hurt, he plays like nothing happened. Cold, heat, rain, snow, clear, windy, not windy, home, away, injured, not injured, all of that doesn't matter with him. He always plays great.

Originally posted by MiamiMan147
Favre (who while a great QB has never been very mobile)

Did anyone watch Favre in his earlier years (say like prior to 98)? I see people say this a lot and it simply isn't true. Early in his career Favre was a very mobile QB. He was never along the lines of a Mike Vick or Donny McNabb but he had this uncanny ability to run 50 yards in the backfield eluding pass rush and blitz and then delivering an accurate pass. Additionally they used to use a number of designed bootlegs where he had the option to run and he often did. Superbowl XXXI was chuck full of examples of both of these.

Favre today is definately not as mobile as he used to be, there's no doubt. However, to say he was never very mobile suggests that he was a pocket passer, which is totally opposite. Favre is always at his best when rolling or scrambling. He's not a Dan Marino who was at his best throwing from the pocket.

Favre is great. Even when he is hurt he is great. Am I worried? You bet. Everyone that plays him is worried. The guy is a sure Hall of Famer.

But that doesn't mean we can't win the game.

I had a bad feeling about the Bills game during the entire week because of the let down from Denver and the injuries. I am feeling much better this week. I think we win.

Just a feeling.

No doubt Green Bay is a great team(maybe the best in football), but we're a pretty damn good team too. We have a shot at winning although I have a feeling GB will manage to win 28-24 :(

i wish i had of taped that video of the sportscaster interviewing teammates and others about favre, he's not to well liked by some. kurt warner said that if he hadn't been traded to st louis, he would have gone back to the grocery business. one of his own guards said no comment and wouldn't talk on camera. another said he blocked for farve, but he did better when the backup was in!

I read something somewhere this week (cannot remember where) that was giving off the same vibe....except it was more direct and not in jest. It impied that Favre was a calculating media hog and that the dive he took for Mike Strahan was premeditated.....saying that Favre knew such a stunt would command a lot of face time for him.

In short, the article said that Favre is not well-liked among teammates and players and that he is generally a selfish azzhole.

Obviously, I don't know Favre personally. But I still didn't believe a word of it.

FYI - Dolfan06, the interview you're talking about was on ESPN like two weeks ago. It was Kenny Mayne that was doing the interview. And it was all a big joke about Favre's ironman streak. Nothing serious about it.

Originally posted by Muck

FYI - Dolfan06, the interview you're talking about was on ESPN like two weeks ago. It was Kenny Mayne that was doing the interview. And it was all a big joke about Favre's ironman streak. Nothing serious about it.
thats not what warner said!

lol, are you all serious about how Favre acts and is perceived? I just have to laugh at that..... Being a huge Packer fan and following them very indepth since Favre has stepped in under center (its funny that season was the first season of football that I can remember, with the others before then with me being too young... what timing, lol). He is absolutely LOVED my his teammates. He has never sought media attention, and even said all the records he ever got, don't mean awhole lot to him other than it means they are winning....

This report is just halarious to say the VERY least... Thanks guys for providing me with a good laugh that someone would be bored enough in the media to make this stuff up!!

Originally posted by dolfan06
i wish i had of taped that video of the sportscaster interviewing teammates and others about favre, he's not to well liked by some. kurt warner said that if he hadn't been traded to st louis, he would have gone back to the grocery business. one of his own guards said no comment and wouldn't talk on camera. another said he blocked for farve, but he did better when the backup was in!

omfg :lol: :lol: :lol: you're so full of crap. First off Warner was not "traded to st.loius" Secondly, If Favre didn't get along with teammates we people in Wisconsin would be the first to know. But hell thanks for another LIE by you. :evil:

Next time you want to attempt to talk football get your facts right first :eek: :lol:

Originally posted by Muck
I read something somewhere this week (cannot remember where) that was giving off the same vibe....except it was more direct and not in jest. It impied that Favre was a calculating media hog and that the dive he took for Mike Strahan was premeditated.....saying that Favre knew such a stunt would command a lot of face time for him.

In short, the article said that Favre is not well-liked among teammates and players and that he is generally a selfish azzhole.

Obviously, I don't know Favre personally. But I still didn't believe a word of it.

Yeah, I read that too. It was from ESPN.com's Page 2. Not exactly known for it's accurate sports reporting. Let me just say that all of this about Favre not being liked by teammates is pure crap. I have never seen a player more loved by coaches or teammates in my life. The players this last week were saying that they all take it very personally when Brett gets hurt and they're going to do everything in their power to keep him under center. I don't know where they get the idea that Brett is a media hog. The only time you see him on camera is in the mandatory press conferences. I agree with WisconsinFan, if there was a problem with Favre, we'd be the first ones to know. Green Bay Packer football is more than a sport up here, it's almost a religion. Believe us when we say we know what's going on with the team and Favre.

Back
Top Bottom