Favre's future might be tied to Sherman's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favre's future might be tied to Sherman's

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Brett Favre says he would be reluctant to return to Green Bay next season if Mike Sherman isn't still coaching the Packers.

The Packers (1-6) are off to their worst start since 1991, which has led to speculation about Sherman's future.

In an interview with The Associated Press on Thursday, Favre said Sherman's status would play an important role in his annual decision to keep on playing or to call it a career.

"I don't think there's one specific thing that would make me say yeah or no. It's just a culmination of a lot of different things, that being one of them," Favre said. "Maybe you're on the verge of saying yeah, and then you say, 'You know what, do I really want to sit in meetings and have to learn something all over again?'

"That could be the straw that breaks the camel's back."

General manager Ted Thompson, who has refused to comment on Sherman's future, was out of his office and didn't immediately return a call from The AP.

Sherman, who signed a two-year, $6.4 million contract extension on Aug. 23 that would take him through 2007, declined comment on Favre's remarks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5037656

Back
Top Bottom