"Feel Good Loss?" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Feel Good Loss?"

dolfan94

Scout Team
Reaction score
During the first 3 quarters, I was really pissed about the score, but between the 3rd and 4th QT's, I started reflecting about the game and I came up with this:

Our defense was OUTSANDING to say the least.
1,000X better than last year. We didnt give up any huge plays that were our fault. All the big plays were exceptional plays by them.

Porter was silenced because all the attention went to him, so JT and Merling took advantage of his dirty work.

Our offensive struggles are fixable. If it wasn't for the TO's, we would've won this game. Heck, just erase the Fasano fumble at the end of the first half, the game would've been 10-7 going into halftime. We would've won in my opinion.

Our offensive struggles are fixable with better line play and more aggresive playcalling. It is easy to fix. Hopefully the long week helps. We need a lot of work.

I think we will come out firing next week. I can see us holding Manning to an average game since Anthony Gonzales is yet another injury and Bob Sanders is injured as well.

The secondary played SOOOOO much better than it did in the preseason.

Hopefully next week we can get much more pressure on the QB, and force them to make more mistakes. The Falcons didn't have one turnover today.

I am still feeling good about this season.

Bring on the Colts!

Yea the fact that the turnovers were 4-0 pissed me off. I couldnt believe we turned it over that much first of all but then the fact that we couldnt force one.

While I generally agree, don't forget the passes that Ryan missed that would have been big plays. But the run D and pass rush was very good.

Porter was silenced because all the attention went to him, so JT and Merling took advantage of his dirty work.
While I agree with most of your post I don't really get this. I didn't notice Porter getting any special attention, though I did see him get nullified by a solo TE.

During the first 3 quarters, I was really pissed about the score, but between the 3rd and 4th QT's, I started reflecting about the game and I came up with this:

Our defense was OUTSANDING to say the least.
1,000X better than last year. We didnt give up any huge plays that were our fault. All the big plays were exceptional plays by them.

Our offensive struggles are fixable. If it wasn't for the TO's, we would've won this game. Heck, just erase the Fasano fumble at the end of the first half, the game would've been 10-7 going into halftime. We would've won in my opinion.

Our offensive struggles are fixable with better line play and more aggresive playcalling. It is easy to fix. Hopefully the long week helps. We need a lot of work.

I think we will come out firing next week. I can see us holding Manning to an average game since Anthony Gonzales is yet another injury and Bob Sanders is injured as well.

The secondary played SOOOOO much better than it did in the preseason.

Hopefully next week we can get much more pressure on the QB, and force them to make more mistakes. The Falcons didn't have one turnover today.

I am still feeling good about this season.

Bring on the Colts!

Correction. Our defense played good against the run, period, that's it. They shoulda been light up for 21+ points through the air.

Don't feel too good. As usual, Matt Ryan was inaccurate. This plagued him at BC no matter how much his homer, Mike Mayock, says otherwise.

Ryan missed some open receivers deep. This could have been worse.

The run D was extremely good. I will grant you that. But pass coverage was not.

ATL fan here- Dolphins have an EXCELLENT run defense. You guys shut down Turner completely.
Pass defense was mediocre, especially considering Ryan missed a couple big throws.

Don't feel too good. As usual, Matt Ryan was inaccurate. This plagued him at BC no matter how much his homer, Mike Mayock, says otherwise.

Ryan missed some open receivers deep. This could have been worse.

The run D was extremely good. I will grant you that. But pass coverage was not.
61.1% completion percentage and 2 TDs to 0 INTs is inaccurate? Okay. Just keep telling yourself Long was the right pick for the Fins.

Pass defense was mediocre but there are lots of young guys playing back there who will only get better. In a few weeks we will all agree it is better than 2008.

Ryan really only "missed" on the one play where R. White beat Smith. The other passes were bothered by hits. The overthrow to Gonzalez, for example floated because Merling smacked Ryan in the chops.

I haven't been high on Merling at all, but he looked amazing.

Also, after Smith got beat by White on that play, he settled down a lot. Had a great game after that - save for the dropped pick, which wasn't an easy play.

Our defense was OUTSANDING to say the least...

Same thing happened to me. Given that our offense turned it over 4 times the defense was impressive. Holding a great offense like Falcons to 19 is impressive. Yes Matt Ryan missed on a pass to Roddy White but that happens. The other passes were effected by the pressure we were getting on Ryan.

I'm confident our offense won't be this pathetic and turn the ball over that way again. Looking forward to seeing how our team reacts to this game against the Colts.

Back
Top Bottom