Feeley and the Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley and the Offense

eddie4fins said:
Not objective, but not fooling himself like the hoards of Feeley lovers on this board!

Cmon man, don't start with the whole "Feeley lovers" thing. People on this board are just trying to be positive and back our guy. He could be the leader of this team or he could end up truly sucking, but until this year, with a good scheme and coach, you cannot judge him. Don't start blaming last years season or even all the pick 6's on the guy. It was a TEAM that played and lost those games last year. Heck, even McMike was droppin passes that were hittin him in the numbers and Chambers was runnin lazy routes. Besides, Saban must have some faith in Feeley to not draft a QB. I guess with your logic, Saban=Feeley lover! Give the guy a break. If he sucks this year, give him the boot. If not, we may have a decent QB on our hands for a couple of years to groom the one we draft next year.

:fire::fire::fire:

im not big on feely but with chamber, booker, mcmichael, brown and possibly another impact reciever(boston or hakim)and our revamped O-line(houck especially)he has a chance to do some big thangZ!!

The biggest acquisitions to the offense comes in as coaching... Linehan and Houck are going to be the real stars in my eyes.... drawing up plays... and using players to the best of their abilities is whats going to make our offense sizzle!

eddie4fins said:
Not objective, but not fooling himself like the hoards of Feeley lovers on this board!

What? I am folling myself and blindly love Feeley? What has that got to do with the post I was responding to?

A - I am not a Feeley lover, I am a fan. I think he could be very good and last year was a bad year to judge any offensive player. New qbs in a normal situation deserve adequate time before judgement. Last year was anything but niormal; therefore, I believe it is a fair assessment to say that with a real coach, a real o-line and a hint of a run game, it is POSSIBLE that AJ could show the talent we traded for.

B - Being a hater is better? Most that support AJ agree it is time for him to put up or shut up. Hence me agreeing with the original post in this thread when it said AJ has to show up. No more excuses.

It is dumb to blindly support a player, but it equally dumb to blindly hate a player as well.

The offense will be better, we should get another wide out though. I have to admitThompson has gotten better but he isnt a good reciever he is average

rickeyrunsover said:
What? I am folling myself and blindly love Feeley? What has that got to do with the post I was responding to?

A - I am not a Feeley lover, I am a fan. I think he could be very good and last year was a bad year to judge any offensive player. New qbs in a normal situation deserve adequate time before judgement. Last year was anything but niormal; therefore, I believe it is a fair assessment to say that with a real coach, a real o-line and a hint of a run game, it is POSSIBLE that AJ could show the talent we traded for.

B - Being a hater is better? Most that support AJ agree it is time for him to put up or shut up. Hence me agreeing with the original post in this thread when it said AJ has to show up. No more excuses.

It is dumb to blindly support a player, but it equally dumb to blindly hate a player as well.

You don't have to defend yourself, anyone with a logical mind could see that no QB could have function in last year's situation, with the exception of maybe M. Vick...he's the only one I know could outrun all the D lineman that was after our qb. Even with that M. Vick may have been on the IR by the end of the year. Our play calling, our coaching, our ol play, Wanny's unwillingness to change the O to accomodate the non Ricky factor, the infighting of coaches all made for a bad year..to include lost training camp and practice time due to huricanes..that was a year from hell. I think AJ shows what he can do if he has time to throw and run this new O. He will have to learn quick because of the nay sayers on this board won't give he time to grown into this O. I wish all of the AJ haters could have taken his place last so we can judge them.

Hey I like all the enthusiasm but keep it in check a little. While I also have a good feeling about the offense right now the bottom line is the O-Line. During the course of last season it went from pathetic to horrendous to mediocre at best towards the end of the year. As of yet we have done very little to address that problem. Hopefully Houck can pull these punching bags together and make them a decent line but it does temper the enthusiasm a bit going in to the season with the same O-Line for me. Hopefully we can pick up a good lineman after the cuts on June 1st.

I'd give Gus the edge as being our starter come September. I'd rather have Feely, but Gus's familiarity with the offense just gives him too much of a head start to winning the job IMO...

rickeyrunsover said:

Perfect reply...

Ross said:
I'd give Gus the edge as being our starter come September. I'd rather have Feely, but Gus's familiarity with the offense just gives him too much of a head start to winning the job IMO...

I agree, I don't think Aj will be the starter come September. If Gus beats out AJ, I think another year of QB controversy is on the way, but If it's really an open competition I think Gus wins it because he knows Linehans system.

We are still a PRODUCTIVE ,in some way, wide receiver away from having an upgraded offense. I think RB is upgraded, the O-Line will be much improved, and we have decent Receivers 1-3, and a good TE... all of this will upgrade A.J. Feeley's production, but I think we still need that 3rd receiver to be considered fully upgraded.. Whether it's Hakim, or Boston, or whomever, we need one.

Ross said:
Gus's steady veteran familiarity with the offense is exactly the type of back-up QB we need.

If Feeley shows a grasp of the offense and steady improvement from now until the season opener, he will start the season whether technically or mentally he's as prepared as Frerotte. It's imperative that he be developed and playing time is the only way that's going to Happen. He has more upside to offer than Frerotte, and the best thing for long term value, is for Feeley to become the starting QB of this team.

Having the personnel is one thing, learning an entirely new offensive system in one off-season with new aquisitions playing pivotal roles is another. We cannot expect this offense to light it up this season. There's just too much change. I think with Houck, the line WILL perform better than last year, and with Linehan and Saban I'm sure they have an intelligent plan to transform the offense where they could show flashes of dominance but I honestly don't expect much from them this year.

Shawn-l said:
Having the personnel is one thing, learning an entirely new offensive system in one off-season with new aquisitions playing pivotal roles is another. We cannot expect this offense to light it up this season. There's just too much change. I think with Houck, the line WILL perform better than last year, and with Linehan and Saban I'm sure they have an intelligent plan to transform the offense where they could show flashes of dominance but I honestly don't expect much from them this year.
I'm glad that we have our bye three weeks into the season....I think the first three weeks are going to be somehwat out of synch but, I'm hoping for a big regroup at the bye, and a strong showing and steady improvement from there on out.

Back
Top Bottom