Feeley excerpt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley excerpt

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not for or against him, I just question the motive behind the move and whether or not he will become what we need or another bust who should be relegated to be a backup. Take it as you may, I don't know enough about him to be able to make an educated judgement call. Then again, with only 13 starts in college and pro.....who does? Isn't there a reason for that?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7123887

Do the Dolphins really believe A.J. Feeley is an upgrade over Jay Fiedler? Feeley is not the answer to their quarterback worries. The Dolphins plan to trade a 2005 second-round pick for Feeley on March 3, the first day trades can be made. "He's not any better than what they have," said one AFC personnel man. "He was third team behind Donovan McNabb for a reason. If you can't beat out Koy Detmer, then there are problems." Said an NFC personnel man: "I wouldn't draft him if he was in this draft." Miami blew it by not getting Mark Brunell. Now they are left scrambling to find a QB. With N.C. State's Philip Rivers soaring up draft boards -- don't be shocked if he goes before Ben Roethlisberger -- Miami likely won't get a shot at him in the draft, either. The Dolphins will give Feeley $3.5 million a year when the deal is completed. Isn't that far too much for a guy who couldn't beat out Detmer and has 13 starts in college and the NFL combined? Proponents of the deal point out that Carolina went to a Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme, a player they signed off the New Orleans bench. So the thinking is it can happen again? Delhomme was an aberration of sorts. Just you wait and see when Carolina finishes third in their division next year. Trying to win with low-caliber quarterbacks makes for fun themes, but it's not the way to Dolphins should be going. Brunell should be taking snaps for them.

Back
Top Bottom