Feeley on Speilman radar screen for some time..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley on Speilman radar screen for some time.....

Dbergan

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Interesting article in the ESPN mag I just got today.

Speilman says that "We asked ourselves if we should take a chance trading for Drew Henson or on one of the guys in the draft. But, going back to his college days, AJ has been on our radar screen. He has the arm strenght and he has the smarts."

Toward the end of the article it talks about the performance that AJ gave when he went 4-1 last year w/ the eagles and how that impressed Speilman: " Speilman is impressed by anyone who wins in the clutch. His incumbent signal caller, Jay Fiedler, had a fourth quarter rating of 23 last year, and a December swoon again cost the fins a playoff spot. "

At the end of the article it stresses that AJ knows that for every success story of backups there are tons of failures and that he is staying humble and focused (my words here). "Says Feeley, "" What's ahead of me are tedious hours by myself, looking at the playbook over and over"".

I also didn't know that Feeley was "one of the college games most efficient passers".

The more I read this article, the more I'm starting to believe that AJ may be the real deal. Then again...about this time every season I tend to get optimistic. I'm almost certain that we would pass on Rivers if he should slip (not likely).

Feeley was going to be no worse than a 2nd round pick had he not hurt his elbow at Oregon and then had a kid called Joey Harrington move up by default to the #1 spot and then never look back. Based on what he did before he got injured he was still a 5th rounder.

The guy has got game.

Originally posted by Dbergan
Interesting article in the ESPN mag I just got today.

Speilman says that "We asked ourselves if we should take a chance trading for Drew Henson or on one of the guys in the draft. But, going back to his college days, AJ has been on our radar screen. He has the arm strenght and he has the smarts."

Toward the end of the article it talks about the performance that AJ gave when he went 4-1 last year w/ the eagles and how that impressed Speilman: " Speilman is impressed by anyone who wins in the clutch. His incumbent signal caller, Jay Fiedler, had a fourth quarter rating of 23 last year, and a December swoon again cost the fins a playoff spot. "

At the end of the article it stresses that AJ knows that for every success story of backups there are tons of failures and that he is staying humble and focused (my words here). "Says Feeley, "" What's ahead of me are tedious hours by myself, looking at the playbook over and over"".

I also didn't know that Feeley was "one of the college games most efficient passers".

The more I read this article, the more I'm starting to believe that AJ may be the real deal. Then again...about this time every season I tend to get optimistic. I'm almost certain that we would pass on Rivers if he should slip (not likely).
Nice to know, thanks for sharing.:D

Why not get optimistic though?
Isn't that part of the reason you do this?
The joy of anticipation.
The thrill of the competition.
The two possible endings,
Win or lose.
Losing never dulls previous victories but,
winning erases previous losses.
:cool:

Anyone remember a guy named Farve? No one knew how good this guy would eventually be. If Feely does not turn out to be good, Fiedler isn't getting the job done anyways.

Back
Top Bottom