Feeley / Spielman / Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley / Spielman / Saban

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Wasn't there I story back some that Spielman did not want Moore, I can't remember who he wanted, but Wanny made the pick??

I could be wrong, but I think remember one story about Spielman wanting a different player and wanny saying no.

Supposedly, by the point was he was tasked to provide three names for each pick.......He may have supplied the Names Eddie Moore, Anquan Boldin and one other, point being....Eddie Moore was still on his list.

He obviously wasn't negative enough about Eddie Moore to talk Wannstedt out of it.

Wildbill3 said:
I'm still not convinced that Rick is going anywhere. Much of the hatred for him comes from Four reasons, and only one of them is logical.

1.) association with Wanny - I can't hate Rick for this.
2.) Picking feeley and giving up a 2nd to do it. -Until this season is over I won't judge him for this either.
3.) Trading up to draft Carey, and giving up a fourth to do it. - I hate that he did this, and this is a good reason why he isn't in charge of the draft, I don't however think this should get him fired.
4.) Giving up a pick for David Boston. - I think the pick was worth the risk, so I don't fault him for this one either. Looking back, I don't think I would have done it though, david wouldn't have been able to save our season, and we could've used that pick this year.

I agree. But he has not shown much to give us reason to trust his judgement. The more that I think about his decisions, I am not really sure that he should be in charge of any NFL Team. You forgot to mention the pick that he gave up for Lamar Gordon.

phinsforever said:
Saban may need an errand boy or someone to fetch him his coffee, but Spielman's days as an important person in the organisation are finished.

You took the words right from my keyboard. His decision making capacity is done, I'm leaning towards him still getting the boot.

I think Saban knows (or has a general idea) whether or not he wants to keep Spielman or not, and I don't think it will be based on AJ's performance regardless of how good or how bad AJ performs.

Back
Top Bottom