Feeley vs. Delhomme | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley vs. Delhomme

34RWilliams

The Future
Reaction score
I think that Feeley if he amounts to what Speilman sees can lead the Dolphins to the Superbowl and perhaps win. When compared to Delhomme it seems that Feely was the better overall Qb when Delhomme wasnt even with Carolina and he was New Orleans backup. Delhomme had the chance to take the regins of Carolina in 03 and flourished, if Feeley has enough confidence and he certainly has the tools, I feel that he can drive this team to a Superbowl(victory).If not a superbowl certainly deep into the playoffs to make an impression on everyone in the frontoffice but i'd rather have it be the Superbowl

When did jake Delhomme become a HOFer? The guy had a great SB but that team won b/c of great D and a great running game. He was another game manager which is what Feeley should be if the dolphins are to advance deep into January. The guy threw 3 more TDs than INTs, he wasn't a grea QB.

By the way, you guys have a QB who is better than Delhomme anyway. Fiedler is a good QB he just can't stay on the field. When he plays you guys usually win. Not to take anything away from feeley but there has to be a reason he was 3rd string behind Koy Detmer.

What makes you think Feeley is so good? He wasn't good at all in his few games starting for Philly in 2002.

Delhomme is the exception, not the rule. Not every backup QB can just go to another team and instantly get his team to the Super Bowl.

Yes.

That reason was that Detmer was the holder on field goals. Feeley is the quarterback who would have started had McNabb missed a start.

Oh, and Fiedler isn't a good QB. He doesn't read the field, and he has the weakest arm of any starting QB in the NFL.

Three things will make WHOEVER starts at QB better this season.

1. An improved offensive line.

I don't care what anyone says, the left side is better, and with Andrews/Smiley on the right side, that will be better too.

2. David Boston opposite C.C.

Do I even need to explian how this gives the QB another REAL target out there? This opens up Konrad, McMichael and Ricky for passes.

3. Ricky Williams

He will have a bounce back year, average over 4 YPC, and take a bunch of pressure off the QB.

This doesn't take into account that the defense should be more solid with the addition of Howard, (and hopefully Ogun gets a deal and plays) against the pass.

It all comes down to Fiedler's thumb, and if Feeley makes as good a decision on the field, as he does in women. :D

I know Jay will be our starter, in Sept, I just don't know which Jay.

That reason was that Detmer was the holder on field goals. Feeley is the quarterback who would have started had McNabb missed a start.

Then why in '02 when McNabb went down did Detmer come in and play and then start the next week until he got hurt which is when Feeley came in?

Originally posted by nyjunc

Then why in '02 when McNabb went down did Detmer come in and play and then start the next week until he got hurt which is when Feeley came in?

Because in '02, Feeley was a 2nd year player with only 13 passes to his credit. It was his play in '02 that made him the defacto starter if McNabb got injured in '03.

Originally posted by nyjunc
When did jake Delhomme become a HOFer? The guy had a great SB but that team won b/c of great D and a great running game. He was another game manager which is what Feeley should be if the dolphins are to advance deep into January. The guy threw 3 more TDs than INTs, he wasn't a grea QB.

By the way, you guys have a QB who is better than Delhomme anyway. Fiedler is a good QB he just can't stay on the field. When he plays you guys usually win. Not to take anything away from feeley but there has to be a reason he was 3rd string behind Koy Detmer.

1st. The comparison betwwen Feeley and Delhomme are just basically well a comparison im not saying in any way Delhomme is a HOFamer in any way. iIm saying from a turn around point and getting his(Feeley) chance with the tools around him he has the opportunity to flourish just like Delhomme had done.

i personally cant stand the delhomme comparisons. i would hope that we can set the bar a little higher than mediocrity. sorry, thats what delhomme is, mediocre

I agree that Dedlhomme is the exception not the rule. Someone who has more time than I do can confirm this, but I think Delhomme actually had way more snaps as a backup in NO than Feeley got in Philly.

I think the Delhomme factor is what has so many of you geeked about Feeley. But as Tony Dungy said about Feeley "Backups are usually backups for a reason"

I also will offer you that the division that Feeley played against some pretty weak competition when he did play.

We won't know unjtil the guys gets some snaps in. Maybe he will be great. But you can't compare it to JD in Carolina.

Complete the "9's". That's all I ask. :pirate:

Originally posted by slubeaner
i personally cant stand the delhomme comparisons. i would hope that we can set the bar a little higher than mediocrity. sorry, thats what delhomme is, mediocre
Don't tell me Feely automatically is an above average qb just because Spielman hired him.

Until Feely takes the field and proves himself, you can raise or lower the bar as far as you want .

Originally posted by fin-atic
I agree that Dedlhomme is the exception not the rule. Someone who has more time than I do can confirm this, but I think Delhomme actually had way more snaps as a backup in NO than Feeley got in Philly.

I think the Delhomme factor is what has so many of you geeked about Feeley. But as Tony Dungy said about Feeley "Backups are usually backups for a reason"

I also will offer you that the division that Feeley played against some pretty weak competition when he did play.

We won't know unjtil the guys gets some snaps in. Maybe he will be great. But you can't compare it to JD in Carolina.
Yes, you can compare the two, they were both back-ups for a reason, a simple reason...they were both stuck behind "franchise" QBs.... both needed the opportunity to start somewhere else.

It's not like we signed a third stringer from Pittsburgh or Cleveland, or some other place where there was no bonifide number 1. This guy came highly recommended by a number of sources and we were only able to get him because there was no chance of him starting where he was.

If Brooks wasn't in NO, Jake would be their starter.....

.....and if D-Mac wasn't in Philly, Feeley would be their starter.

Originally posted by fin-atic

I don't know if Tony Dungy is what I'd call a end all NFL QB evaluator either, he didn't have a QB that you could consider a franchise QB in Tampa and he inherited Manning.

It's funny how his opinion on QBs has changed from Tampa to Indy isn't it,, I wonder why? :hmmm:

Back
Top Bottom