Feeley vs. Delhomme | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley vs. Delhomme

4. on the #3 QB issue. It's kind of emberassing for a jets fan to see us arguing about this. The board has come to the general concensus that he was a #2 QB. I STRONGLY disagree. He may have played well enough to earn the #2 QB spot (debatable), however I don't think he was the #2 QB in philly. I've cited the same reasons, and the only argument anyone can come up with is that "Akers wanted Detmer to hold". This is crazy to me for a few reasons....

1. I don't think the Philly coaching staff would allow a kicker to dictate who the #2 QB is

2. I don't think Feeley would accept sitting behind a crappier QB had he truely proven that he had what it takes to be the #2 QB.

3. History has shown in the past the teams will bench a franchise QB if the backup plays well.

Warner, and Brady. Both were backups that played well, so they took over the team. I'm not saying his play would have given him the starting job over Mcnabb, but SURELY if he played so well, he woud have been bumped up to the #2 man in the depth chart.

aight, that's it, i'm out. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well there is a rule that kinda dictates between the 2nd and 3rd stringers if one of the QB's is a holder. Detmer was the holder so he couldn't be the third string QB if they wanted McNabb to play. If Detmer went in as the third than McNabb couldn't go back in until the 4th Qtr i believe. Andy Reid said that if McNabb got injured for a good length of time than Feely would play and start. So Feely was the 2nd BEST QB on that team although he was listed as the third stringer.

Originally posted by Kistner10
4. on the #3 QB issue. It's kind of emberassing for a jets fan to see us arguing about this. The board has come to the general concensus that he was a #2 QB. I STRONGLY disagree. He may have played well enough to earn the #2 QB spot (debatable), however I don't think he was the #2 QB in philly. I've cited the same reasons, and the only argument anyone can come up with is that "Akers wanted Detmer to hold". This is crazy to me for a few reasons....

1. I don't think the Philly coaching staff would allow a kicker to dictate who the #2 QB is

2. I don't think Feeley would accept sitting behind a crappier QB had he truely proven that he had what it takes to be the #2 QB.

3. History has shown in the past the teams will bench a franchise QB if the backup plays well.

Warner, and Brady. Both were backups that played well, so they took over the team. I'm not saying his play would have given him the starting job over Mcnabb, but SURELY if he played so well, he woud have been bumped up to the #2 man in the depth chart.

aight, that's it, i'm out.

Well there is a rule that kinda dictates between the 2nd and 3rd stringers if one of the QB's is a holder. Detmer was the holder so he couldn't be the third string QB if they wanted McNabb to play. If Detmer went in as the third than McNabb couldn't go back in until the 4th Qtr i believe. Andy Reid said that if McNabb got injured for a good length of time than Feely would play and start. So Feely was the 2nd BEST QB on that team although he was listed as the third stringer. [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand the rule. If Mcnabb were to go down for a series or two, but was expected to come back, then Detmer had to play. If Feeley came in Mcnabb had to sit out for the rest of the game.

However, we only have 2 things to go on here..

1. The actions of the team when Mcnabb was out for an extended period of time. In this case, Detmer was the starter, and feeley was not.

2. you'd have to assume that they allow the kicker to dictate who's the #2 man on the team.

I personally think that is VERY far fetched. I can't seem them jeopardizing future games because dDetmer holds a ball on a tip better. If Feeley was truely the better #2 man, then they'd want him to close out games right?

And the next question you have to ask yourself if you go with the 2nd scenario is.........do you want a QB that's not talented enough to hold a ball on it's tip? E#ven if it cost him the 2nd string job? :)

We're never going to agree, but I've NEVER seen anything, other than a few errant Philly fans caliming he was the #2 man. And you have to remember that these are the most unfaithful fans in the game. Fact is, if you go tell a fan of any other team that AJ was the #3 man because he couldn't hold a fooball, you'll get laughed at, the idea of letting the kicker decide who's the #2 QB based on his skill of holding a ball is laughable IMO.

I think it is funny that the Feeley supporters slam the detractors for not believing in him by saying "You guys condmen him before he even takes a snap!"

Yet in turn they are conivnced he is the answer and they haven't even seen him take a snap.

Kind of wrong don't you think?

None of us know anything at this point.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think it is funny that the Feeley supporters slam the detractors for not believing in him by saying "You guys condmen him before he even takes a snap!"

Yet in turn they are conivnced he is the answer and they haven't even seen him take a snap.

Thank you ...

I hate how most people assume he is the next great thing without watching him take a snal yet.

Hate to disagree, but

I Will..

We need to stop looking for Marino like numbers out of our QB....especially as long as Ricky is here. I don't want anything better than mediocre stats from whomever lines up behind center....if we are passing for a lot of yards each game, it means we are not running the ball enough and probably losing way more than we should. All we need is a about 225 yards passing a game and Ricky getting the ball 30 times.....if this happens consistently, we'll win a lot...count on it!

We absolutely do not need RW getting the football 30 times a game. We need whoever the QB is getting about 250-275 yards per game, and somebody else getting between 8-19 carries a game, so that RW is in the 25 carry range at tops. And if we have a lead in the 4th, pull his butt and give him some off time. We are not out to have him win the Rushing Title or the Number of Rushes title. We are, ostensibly, trying to field a team to wins a Super Bowl, not burn out your best rusher. We have lots of other weapons now on offense, including possibly two high caliber receivers, a good receiving FB, and a good TE. Relying on marginal passing from the QB and running Ricky into the ground is a questionable strategy at the very best, and at the worst, absolutely nuts.

Err. make that 8-10 carries for the other runners. Finger don't operate as fast as the brain.

To be qite honest, I like both QB's. I like AJ Feeley more though, and I think he'll clearly beat out Fielder this off-season....

Based on what????....NOTHING.:eek:

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

who cares who and where he played, as long as he can do it now is all that matters. he gets a chance and we pray

Some people put too much blind faith in Feely, i'll give you that....but I really do think hes gonna be a good fit here and can take us to the next level. I'll admit tho, that there is a decent chance Jay could turn out to be the better of the 2 (doubtful, but possible).

Originally posted by dean_siu

Even if Dan Marino had played with Ricky Williams in the backfield...Dan's numbers would have been drastically lower....but he would have ended his career with several rings. A great running game will win you more championships than a great passing game and we are just a couple of stud OL away from having this. If we give Ricky the blocking, it doesn't matter who plays QB...any one of the three could take us to the Super Bowl.

Toatally agree, with the oline giving great blocking and Ricky doing his thing and A.J just throwing the ball where it needs to be then we should be deep into january and february.

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814

Some people put too much blind faith in Feely, i'll give you that....but I really do think hes gonna be a good fit here and can take us to the next level. I'll admit tho, that there is a decent chance Jay could turn out to be the better of the 2 (doubtful, but possible).

Feeley was with Philly and they do train some pretty good Qbs and he was under REids offensive scheme which was very good and differnet with alot of passing scheme that Aj learned. In Miami im sure theres not many passing plays and theres alot of Running plays. THey threw all the passing plays out when Dan left......lol

Back
Top Bottom