Feeley's prior stats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley's prior stats

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
He played in 6 games starting 5 in 2002. Yes he threw only 1 more TD than INT, had only a 56 completion %, and yes only averged 6+ per attempt. What do those stats really mean to his chances in 2004? I would sat nothing. The guy came as a 3rd stringer. That probably means he saw about 10-15 snaps the week prior and had no time with the #1 offense, and was in his 2nd year as a pro. He shwoed a lot of promise with no practice time, no running game, and not much of WR threat. He did have a good o-line.

My point is I wouldn't make to much of his stats that year. He got his foot in the door, and now has a chance to work out a whole offseason as the #1guy. This will make a huge differince, and if you can't see that then you don't know football.

I agree with you. His stats from 2002 tell us nothing about how good/bad he will be for the phins. I think what most dolphins fans (including myself) are wondering is with Quarterback being such an important part of an offense, why would the dolphins hand the reins to a player who is inexperienced and a player who we don't know how he'd handle the pressure of being the #1 QB. Yes there have been Delhomme, Brady, and Warner but all of those guys started the season as the backup and were thrown into the starting QB role due to injury or lack of production from the starter. Feeley is the man whether we like it or not and we won't know anything until the season starts.

Back
Top Bottom