Fellas, you just witnessed the best baseball game ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fellas, you just witnessed the best baseball game ever

CirclingWagons

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
wow....I can't believe what I just saw....I'm a Marlin fan and did not care who won, I was just watching a game for the ages.
Incredible...god must be a Yankees fan:eek:

Impossible as it may seem, I now know what's worse than being a Cub's fan right now: a Boston Red Sox fan--all joking aside, I hope the city of Boston is on suicide watch tonight.

wow...what a game:)
now let's hope the Marlins pull off another improbable series!

if i was the red sox manager i wouldve yanked pedro, there was no excuse to leave him in when the yankees tied that game up....they lost that game on a huge coaching mistake......what idiots........red sox suck.....i wanted a piece of the sox since John Henry screwed us, but o well, not its a David vs. Goliath battle of epic proportions....just remember who won in DAvid vs. Goliath :)

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
if i was the red sox manager i wouldve yanked pedro, there was no excuse to leave him in when the yankees tied that game up....they lost that game on a huge coaching mistake......what idiots........red sox suck.....i wanted a piece of the sox since John Henry screwed us, but o well, not its a David vs. Goliath battle of epic proportions....just remember who won in DAvid vs. Goliath :)
Yankees players, although not saying it, probably think they just had their toughest competition...Marlins actually match up much better against the yanks, then they do against the red sux....Marlins in 7, Beckett MVP

That was a great game, but honestly, the 7th game of the 2001 world series was better. :D

Originally posted by dolfan87
That was a great game, but honestly, the 7th game of the 2001 world series was better. :D

Very true! That was a great game... but how bout Gmae 1 vs. the cubs in the NLCS... Sammy Sosa bot. of the 9th, 2 outs, down by 2, and ties with a HR. Then Lowell breaks in the 11th with a single HR at his 1st game batting in 2 months since he broke his hand.

game 5 of 1976 ALCS was the best ;) until last night - gotta love walk off Series ending HRs for the pennant...you cannot top that with lucky, dying quail singles ;)

What about Game 7 of the World Series in 1997.

Originally posted by Prime Time
What about Game 7 of the World Series in 1997.
yup...that 9th inning was nerve-racking...when Counsell hit that sac fly i went crazy....Renteria won it in last at-bat in the 11th, like he had done 10 times that year

Yes indeed...only player remaining from that team...Jeff Conine...Mr. Marlinnnnnn :D

Originally posted by Prime Time
Yes indeed...only player remaining from that team...Jeff Conine...Mr. Marlinnnnnn :D
Castillo was on that team too, wasn't he?...counsell took his spot, but castillo may have been on the roster...dont know for sure

Well no. As a baseball historian I can give you numerous games in my lifetime that were better games. Game 6 1975 World Series, Game 3 NLCS, Game 2 1978 World Series, Game 5 1981 NLCS, Game 6 1986 NLCS, Game 4 1988 NLCS, Game 1 1988 World Series, Game 7 1992 NLCS, Game 6 1993 World Series, Game 6 2002 World Series.

Actually you could also include game 6 1985 NLCS and game 4 1986 ALCS, but I personally refuse to include both.

Back
Top Bottom