Ferotte the starter now? Come on | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ferotte the starter now? Come on

TheMadPorpoise said:
... Feeley was a third stringer in Philly...

Be careful 'bout saying this. It all depends on who you ask and how much is at stake (ie, for a second round pick I'll say "he was the second string QB in philly").

TheMadPorpoise said:
And as much as Wanny would have done anything to keep Jay Fiedler as the starter, Feeley didn't exactly do anything to make a case for him starting last training camp.

From what I've heard last season, Feeley made a comment about how disorganized the dolphins offense was, and how Wannstedt didnt have a grip on his players. When it got back to Wanny, suddenly Jay Fiedler became the starter.

All I'm saying is, you take a guy who's sat on the bench for a good portion of his ENTIRE career, including college, and you throw him in the game, he's gonna be bad. But he needs those snaps for experience so he can become the best quarterback possible. I saw Feeley thread the ball into impossible places, and i've seen his arm strength which is by far above average. But I've seen him make "rookie" mistakes and throw a buttload of pic sixes. That can be remedied, with experience.

I've also seen Gus Ferotte charge headlong into an endzone wall and come out on the horizontal end of a stretcher.

Ill put a bit more faith in Feeley.

Back
Top Bottom