FH's Financial Status: Generating More Support (I Know This Won't Be Popular but..) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FH's Financial Status: Generating More Support (I Know This Won't Be Popular but..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know that we've fortunately got beyond a financial hurdle, at least for now. For many of us, FH, far and away the most popular gathering place for Fins fans (and unfortunately some trolls) is like a comfortable and welcoming home away from home.

I'm also aware that these are tough times and for many even a $20 VIP contribution to support the site is stretching it; however $5 or $10 as a token of having one's heart in the right place and in the spirit of supporting the site we love IMO is not too much of a burden for most anyone.

I got this idea from a geographic nostalgia forum I also frequent - so it's not totally unrealistic or outrageous. They limit daily posts to a total of 2 for anyone who isn't a "supporter." My idea to stimulate more participation so that Matt doesn't have to keep underwriting the shortfalls out of his own pocket is to maybe make a limit of somewhere between 3-5 daily posts for non-supporters, and then proportionately increase that number depending on the specific $ contribution ranging up to unlimited for VIPs and equal amount $upporters.

What go me thinking about this is a particular enemy poster whose main intent over tens of thousands of posts is to insert himself into feel-good fins threads with the objective of deflating them by dispensing his delusional version of "reality."

After the latest crisis a few weeks ago and actually considering the nightmare of a site I'm very attached to unimaginably going dark, I grew upset that this individual who averages over 7 posts/day fighting with Fins fans has never once to the best of my knowledge, put his hand in his pocket in support of a site he often calls "ours"... and that many of us are actually enabling this behavior by underwriting his freeloading.

So that's my recommendation. It won't be popular, and I understand it will have an implication on advertising (well, maybe or maybe not depending on if FH gets credit each day for more than one IP visit.. and although I suspect it's not a major revenue flow and can be substituted for by measures like selling affiliated services for a comish), but after the initial esentful backlash, comparing this site to the vanilla ones out there, I think it would work because no other site compares favorably, has close to this participation and certainly won't remove those very many long term members who lurk more than post who only occasionally post.

Comments?

Seems a little harsh.

Considering that the average posts per day is just an average and in my case, there are days will I will not post at all and other days where I could post 10-50 times. It just depends on my boredom and my schedule etc.

In my opinion, it would be both easier to manage and could possibly be more widely accepted.

0$ donated per year = 5 posts a day
Any donation over 5$ per year = unlimited posts

Being VIP already has its advantages over non-donators, no need to require somebody to pay $20 to get unlimited posts, IMO.

But think about it, just today, almost 2000 people visited the board. and I don't know the exact number of active members but 2000 * 5 = 10,000. And that is just including the people who donate $5.

More than enough money could be raised by simply requiring a $5 donation per 365.25 days. That is 1 cent per day to be a part of the best forum on the Internet.

Not a bad deal at all.

I just dont know, we have over 13000 active members but only 95 people dipped there hands into ther pocket and helped out Matt and the boy's.
WOW just WOW..........Let's see how they get on when it's gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just threw those numbers out as a "for instance." This is a heavy traffic, graphic-intensive site that gobbles up bandwidth; why should Matt have to reach into his own pocket to keep it going when we'd all be lost without it?

All I know is that I got some serial-posting troll who insults me when I refute his BS denials with actual screenshots of his written word. Why should I help underwrite anti-Dolphins, often insulting bad behavior of someone who has never reached into his pocket to support a site he averages over 7posts/day on? It's kind of infuriating.

Bottom line is if you enjoy the site, then support it. The thing that really got me was only 95 people I think it was donated. That is really sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen someone so obsessed w/ another man, it's sad and pathetic.

34edkht-1.jpg

That's great Vaark but as has been explained befroe I don't go to wach individual forum, I clik on "new posts" so I never actually saw that stickied thread. If I did I would have donated a long time ago. I very much appreciate the board, the owner and mods do a great job here and I enjoy it here even discussing things w/ petty, jealous people who can't go over the fact that a Jet fan has the audacity to post here.

That's great Vaark but as has been explained befroe I don't go to wach individual forum, I clik on "new posts" so I never actually saw that stickied thread. If I did I would have donated a long time ago. I very much appreciate the board, the owner and mods do a great job here and I enjoy it here even discussing things w/ petty, jealous people who can't go over the fact that a Jet fan has the audacity to post here.

25 posts today and counting, (on other's dimes)

remember this?

(yes I will let up on this once you actually carry your own weight as a much larger-than normal bandwidth gobbler)
11auxqw-1.jpg

25 posts today and counting, (on other's dimes)

remember this?

(yes I will let up on this once you actually carry your own weight as a much larger-than normal bandwidth gobbler)
11auxqw-1.jpg

other than being wrong about 25 posts today(this will be my 5th) what is your point? Maybe you should worry about other things like learning about this game? It's very pathetic the way you are acting- more pathetic than usual. You can't keep up in debates so this is the new route to go for you.

other than being wrong about 25 posts today(this will be my 5th) what is your point? Maybe you should worry about other things like learning about this game? It's very pathetic the way you are acting- more pathetic than usual. You can't keep up in debates so this is the new route to go for you.

there ya go again. thanks for proving my point that I and many others are paying for an OCD blind jest homer to insult us when calling out his passive aggressive homeristic BS in a forum and on threads where he generally has no business butting into with the intent of derailing!

LOL@ the deflection: Still no hand in your pocket after claiming you didn't know and then you didn't know after you did. Can't afford the $20bucks? Just say so... or ask for an advance on your allowance.

there ya go again. thanks for proving my point that I and many others are paying for an OCD blind jest homer to insult us when calling out his passive aggressive homeristic BS in a forum and on threads where he generally has no business butting into with the intent of derailing!

LOL@ the deflection: Still no hand in your pocket after claiming you didn't know and then you didn't know after you did. Can't afford the $20bucks? Just say so... or ask for an advance on your allowance.

Let's recap: It's ok for you to insult me which includes putting wrong info in a signature(one that makes you look really bad since you still don't get it), bashing me in posts and creating multiple threads to attack me but I can't respond?

Again, don't worry about what I am doing. Just like w/ football you have no idea what you are talking about.

Just because FH is out of the deep end right now they could always use more moolah....You can donate now if you choose to. Its not like Matt is making money off this site.

Let's recap: It's ok for you to insult me which includes putting wrong info in a signature(one that makes you look really bad since you still don't get it), bashing me in posts and creating multiple threads to attack me but I can't respond?

Again, don't worry about what I am doing. Just like w/ football you have no idea what you are talking about.

same old shtick: anyone who dares to contradict, prove you wrong or whatever doesn't know what they're talking about or needs to be educated. You can shove your condescending freeloading BS up your azz. Despite your predictable OCD about getting in the last word, I'm done in this thread but will revisit this in a more timely and appropriate venue so long as you continue to be a serial-posting deadbeat homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom