Fideler vs. Brady - winning percentage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fideler vs. Brady - winning percentage

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
for all those who love (hmmm pats fans) to point out that Brady has the highest winning percentage of any starting QB......I believe after this weekend he won't.

1. Tom Brady 30-12, .714
2. Kurt Warner 35-15, .700
3. Jay Fiedler 34-15, .694
4. Donovan McNabb 40-20, .667
5. Brett Favre 121-64, .654

after this sunday

1. Kurt Warner, 36-15, .706
2. Jay Fiedler 35-15, .700
3. Tom Brady 30-13, .698

What is the point? That Brady and Fiedler have had about the same QB rating over the years, and have performed roughly the same and have won almost the same.....except there isn't much luck going around the dolphins the past few years to help push Fiedler's rating higher.

Well, whoopdee doo.....I hope that after Sunday's game the announcers make note or Brady having the 3rd highest winning percentage as they made such a big deal of it last Sunday.

don't know (don't think so), if not....him and Fiedler will be "tied" at .700 with Brady in "2nd"....

These stats don't mean much anyways to me.....just thought I'd point it out to some people who picked up on Sunday's announcers....

It's amazing that Warner is still talked about in connection with this list. I know he's still active, but the guy hasn't won a single start in almost 3 calendar years!

Originally posted by jbond
for all those who love (hmmm pats fans) to point out that Brady has the highest winning percentage of any starting QB......I believe after this weekend he won't.

1. Tom Brady 30-12, .714
2. Kurt Warner 35-15, .700
3. Jay Fiedler 34-15, .694
4. Donovan McNabb 40-20, .667
5. Brett Favre 121-64, .654

after this sunday

1. Kurt Warner, 36-15, .706
2. Jay Fiedler 35-15, .700
3. Tom Brady 30-13, .698

What is the point? That Brady and Fiedler have had about the same QB rating over the years, and have performed roughly the same and have won almost the same.....except there isn't much luck going around the dolphins the past few years to help push Fiedler's rating higher.

Well, whoopdee doo.....I hope that after Sunday's game the announcers make note or Brady having the 3rd highest winning percentage as they made such a big deal of it last Sunday.

I believe Brady is 33-12 as a starter, 30-12 in the regular season.

Luck has nothing to do with Brady being winner mate! Along with the best winning percentage he is also undefeated in overtime, something to the effect of 14-4 after Nov. You either make the plays to win or you dont and lose luck has nothing to do with winning football, taking advantage of circumstances and putting yourself in postion to make plays is what is important, not luck, no team I ever heard of depends on luck to win. No one is saying that Jay Fiedler is lucky to be a winning QB nor should anyone say that about Brady, he is a proven winner!

....I just pulled the stats off of

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=1677348

most "records" or statistics for regular season are kept seperate from post-season....

considering his postseason and SB in 2001 you're probably right I'd say.

As I said, either way the numbers are so close that this "stat" doesn't bother me one way or the other. Just thought I'd point out how close they are. Nothing more...

lol, here we go again.....everyone in the u.s. thinks the pats have had an angel watching over them......except for the PATS fans....

yeah we know.....PATS have beaten everyone because of their play.....not because of the opposing team screwing up.......I'm not even going there again. Congrats on your record, as that is all that matters.

lol, here we go again.....everyone in the u.s. thinks the pats have had an angel watching over them......except for the PATS fans....

yeah we know.....PATS have beaten everyone because of their play.....not because of the opposing team screwing up.......I'm not even going there again. Congrats on your record, as that is all that matters.

No offense but this is a real lame argument to have.....

The Pats have won against very good teams end of story.
I am an avid Dolphin fan and always have been but I can admit when another team is flat out playing better than the Fins.
Thus far the Patriots are playing better than us.
They have capitalized on any "luck" they have had and turned it into wins. That's all that counts.

It's going to be a tough game against a very tough team.
Regardless of what you think it's the Patriots team we have to beat and not a bunch of leprechauns or "angels" bringing luck.

Brady is the better QB. Nuff said.

Well the only difference about their starter record against each other is that Mc Nabb, Warner, Brady have won many of those games with a lot of their effort while Jay Fiedler has 2 or 3 games that were won by quarterback effort. Jay Record is only that high because we have had a defense that has won most of our games.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Jay Record is only that high because we have had a defense that has won most of our games.

Do you ever get tired of typing that? I sure am tired of reading it.

And for the record, Fielder has recorded the game-winning score in 16 of the 34 games he has won as a starter.

Back
Top Bottom