Fiedler 1 more year if............. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler 1 more year if.............

pgsmelt

Practice Squad
Reaction score
we draft a killer QB and thru FA and draft come up with a mean, nasty offensive line that will open some interior holes for ricky to run thru......but just one more year and then put in our new qb!!!!!

I'm through with Fiedler. It doesn't matter if we have an all-pro line, Fiedler can't throw the deep ball and is very inaccurate as well as injury prone. I'm not a Fiedler hater or a Fiedler fan but the truth is when he was given protection he couldn't consistently hit the open receiver or the deep ball. If we are going to have a "win now" attitude, we need a new qb. I don't want to pay 5.7 mil a year to a qb who can't take the team on his shoulders.

I'm through with Fiedler. It doesn't matter if we have an all-pro line, Fiedler can't throw the deep ball and is very inaccurate as well as injury prone.

I have to respectfully disagree. Though I'm not by any means a Fiedler fan, I think we could be doing a lot worse.

If you'd take a look, Tom Brady's about to get his second SB Ring without "throwing the deep ball."

Injury proneness is relative of course...if he had that all-pro line, would he be injured as much? Who knows....but I think not.

Originally posted by pgsmelt
we draft a killer QB and thru FA and draft come up with a mean, nasty offensive line that will open some interior holes for ricky to run thru......but just one more year and then put in our new qb!!!!!

I'm hoping the Jay Fiedler era is over, he will be over payed if we keep him and we can get a guy like M. Brunell for a decent price. I watched Brunell in the QB competition last year, and the guy still has it. He can move very well and has good acuracy and arm strength. He is a smart guy and would fit very well in our ball control offense IMO.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
If you'd take a look, Tom Brady's about to get his second SB Ring without "throwing the deep ball."

Did you miss the first New England-Miami game and the New England-Denver game? Tom Brady can throw the deep ball. But let's not hand him the Super Bowl ring just yet. I think Carolina has a great chance to win that game.

I wonder if any body has thought about Fiedler not having any confidence in his O-Line. Anticipating pressure is probably just as bad as getting pressure!
I was just as frustrated watching "My man Jay" missing wide open recievers all over the field. Then after "Arm chair quarterbacking" all game long, I realized that No one can actually say that anybody else wouldve done any better behind that "soft as cooch meat" O-Line!

Fiedler was the best quarterback on our team last season. So you're right, under the circumstances no other qb would have done better. On the other hand, that's not saying much and we need a qb that can take the game upon himself and win it for us and I don't think Fiedler is that qb.

If you were to take a mere 4 seconds of your time, and actually look at Jay Fiedlers head/ears, you would understand that he no longer has a home on the football field unless it is handing out gatorade to the players and perhaps toweling off their sweaty balls after the game...he is a talentless scrub bum!

how about if............................hell freezes over, or if.................. pigs fly, or if......................we want to be 8-6 next year.................... ya get it? He doesn't. The team gets better every year but his performance and our proximity to a playoff birth gets worse. Remenber his first year we were praying to avaoid another first round blowout? AT LEAST WE GOT THERE!!!

Bye Bye Jay!!!!

Originally posted by phinfan2003
Fiedler was the best quarterback on our team last season. So you're right, under the circumstances no other qb would have done better. On the other hand, that's not saying much and we need a qb that can take the game upon himself and win it for us and I don't think Fiedler is that qb.

Not True!! BG was better. The only problem was he had to play Tenn and Indy. Both time our brainiack coach left the 3rd round rookie LT on an island against Freeney and Kearse. HMMMMMMMMMMMM I bet Payton wouldn't do better in those situations. Would ya take Payton over Jay?

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Not True!! BG was better. The only problem was he had to play Tenn and Indy. Both time our brainiack coach left the 3rd round rookie LT on an island against Freeney and Kearse. HMMMMMMMMMMMM I bet Payton wouldn't do better in those situations. Would ya take Payton over Jay?

Dreadlockera, no disrespect, but, are you MAD..BG even if he had a good line, i.e. Denver while he was there, couldn't do any better than Jay. I've talked about this before the season, BG is not an elite QB. To be totally honest, I would have rather had Lucas back before we picked up BG. I didn't think it was good then and now I know it wasn't good for us. I really think, and every one will get tire of me saying it, but Sage is dynamic enough to be our QB, Even Spelman has acknowleged that this week in Mobile..I think they are worried about the public's perception of starting him, everyone wants a semi big name..ie. Brunnell..but if they really follow their guts, Sage can be the man..he needs at least 2-3 games to get acclimated, then we go on a tear.

This thread is exactly why the Fiedler era should be over.

NOW

I was through with Fiedler after his second year. I was right about him then & I'm right about him now, he has to go...NOW!

Listen ya gotta have a back up......and its better with either Jay or BG.....but ONLY if they're cheap........otherwise.....screw next year.....take your bumps and bruises...get a young nasty o line in here.....and start working on the stud qb we just drafted..........keep sage in for back up and look at some other mercenary qb to hold over thru the qb training period.........get a decent draft pick the following year and spend the money on the interior d line.......but we need some other offensive studs along WITH Ricky!

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Did you miss the first New England-Miami game and the New England-Denver game? Tom Brady can throw the deep ball. But let's not hand him the Super Bowl ring just yet. I think Carolina has a great chance to win that game.

No I didn't get the chance to see those games, but for the most part, what I've seen of him is controlled short-yardage to mid-yardage stuff...and he's good at it.

Put a SNIFF of pressure on him and he becomes MUCH more inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom