Fiedler at best. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler at best.

Trackstar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just for fun and since he will most likley be staying, In your opinion what do you think Fiedler's best games were as a Dolphin or his best come from behind wins? Im just trying to think positive since he may be our backup next year.

2001 - 4th qtr comeback against the Bills. 2 TD passes to a rookie WR......Chambers I think his name was??

2001 - 1st week after 9/11 - the diving TD against the Raiders for the win.

2003 - MY BEST THANKSGIVING EVER!!!!!

Even though we lost in a heartbreaker, That monday night game against the Jets. I remember the Offense put up about 40 pts and Jay connected with L. Sheppard on a couple of long balls. But in the end the defense crumbled. He played pretty well that game anyhow.

in addition, the MNF game of the year against the Broncos 2 years ago.

Bronco's game 2 years ago with winning Mare FG.

Raiders game where Fiedler ran it in for the winning TD.

Dallas game on Thanksgiving where we routed the Cowboys.

Oh man... I wish Fiedler played up to that calibur every game... :(

yeah, it was Sunday night. One good thing about Jay is he can always beat the Bills for us.

bad bad.....lol....knew it was primtime and game of the year, just forgot which day :(

Best game: 2003 Thanksgiving Day game against Dallas
Best comeback: 2002 @ Denver. He broke his thumb on the previous drive but he stayed in the game and helped set up Mare to kick the game winning FG

My Favorite Jay game was the Dallas game this year or teh jets game on Monday Nite. Probably the Dallas game since we won. Looking back. it was that Jet game when I became a Fiedler fan, I saw the things I believed he could do. He answered the comeback, he threw deep consistently and accurately. I kept thinking he did those things in that game and so he had to have the ability and he would put it all together. Combine that with the experience I thought he would mature into a very nice qb.

I still like Jay, but it is just his ceiling is not high enough to make him consistently good enough to create plays. He makes too amny mistakes and he has lost his accuracy on teh deep ball, maybe because they didnt throw it enough that he had the reps. Remeber in 2002 they were not stretching the field as much if ever and then Jay got hurt. Maybe it was because of the thumb, remember Moon said it permanently affects the grip. For whatever reason Jay has gone as far as he can, he is also serviceable. Sometimes ya have to change because doubt begins to creep in other players minds and they begin to question and there isnt the belief anymore. Sometimes teh qb presses too much and loses focus. Not everything was Jays fault, when was the last offseason before this we made offense a priority?

Wanny talks about balance between pass and run all the time, how about Balance between offense and defense Wanny? Or since your a defensive guy do you really believe offense is less important?

Back
Top Bottom