Fiedler improves every season: a game of stats and facts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler improves every season: a game of stats and facts

Scarface

Practice Squad
Reaction score
games played 15
QB rating 74.5
Yards 2400
YPA 6.7
TD/INT 14/14
rush yards 267
Rush TD- 1

games played 16
QB rating 80.3
Yards 3200
YPA 7.3
TD/INT 20/19
rush yards- 321
Rush TD-4

games played 10
QB rating 85.2
Yards 2000
YPA 6.9
TD/INT 14/9
Rush yards 100
Rush TD 3

games played 5
QB rating 74.2
Yards 855
YPA 6.7
TD/INT 5/5
Rush yards 65
Rush TD 1

again every year he has improved. even when miami had Lamar Smith who NEVER had back to back 100 yard games fiedler played well. Last season he looked like a Pro-bowler before getting hurt.

FACT: The oline has had 7 different starters and 1 Rookie starting

FACT: he has been pressured all season long with 4-3 defenses!

FACT: Miami has 1 good WR out of 3 and seriously miss Gadsden!

FACT: Jed Weaver was a huge part of the goal line offense and he's gone!

FACT: only 2 INT this season are on him (Jags game, and Bills game). 1 hail mary, the coleman INT (same play run twice in a row after DT didn't get his feet in bounds) Mknight not looking at the ball in the bills game! 3/5 are not his fault!

FACT: When fiedler isn't QB miami is well below .500

FACT: When Fiedler starts Miami wins .700 of the time!

FACT: his longest pass in miami is 74 yards (80 if it wasn't for mcknight) and his lowest long is 57 yards this season for a TD to chambers!

Fiedler is getting better even after having played only 15 games with NT as his OC.

FACT: Fiedler isn't the offensive problems, he shares a portion with everyone. his biggest problem is staying healthy which is why miami got brian griese. in 2000-2001 he was hurt at the end of the season (remember the rotator cuff) and threw picks and lowered his QB rating and messed his TD/INT ratio up.

i posted this at another forum (which is over run by a few morons who don't know **** about football) and i i'm tired of the same responses to simple logic..

Last edited by a moderator:
His QB rating this season is 74.2. Last year it was 85.2. How is that an improvement?

Give him time, he'll cherry pick something somewhere which will show that what we are seeing, (Jay's regression) is really a mirage.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
Give him time, he'll cherry pick something somewhere which will show that what we are seeing, (Jay's regression) is really a mirage.:rolleyes:

if james mcknight catches the ball it's in the 80's still... how about because of all the reasons i gave? did you not even read it other then the stats?

FACT: only 2 INT this season are on him (Jags game, and Bills game). 1 hail mary, the coleman INT (same play run twice in a row after DT didn't get his feet in bounds) Mknight not looking at the ball in the bills game! 3/5 are not his fault!

I just don't see this problem with pass protection with the O line. True, they haven't been run blocking as well as they did last year, but I haven't seen Jay have less time to pass than last year.

Originally posted by RikWriter
I just don't see this problem with pass protection with the O line. True, they haven't been run blocking as well as they did last year, but I haven't seen Jay have less time to pass than last year.

in the jags game he had

11 hurries
7 pressures
1 sack

19/27 throws he was flustered in some way.. no worries it's not the pass oline.

Originally posted by Scarface

in the jags game he had

11 hurries
7 pressures
1 sack

19/27 throws he was flustered in some way.. no worries it's not the pass oline.

The Jags have a very good defensive line. The real question is, how did the O line fare against good defensive lines last season?
One sack isn't bad, PARTICULARLY when you consider that he caused that sack himself by wandering within arm's length of a Jags' DE that had been pancaked to the ground.

The Jags have a very good defensive line. The real question is, how did the O line fare against good defensive lines last season?
One sack isn't bad, PARTICULARLY when you consider that he caused that sack himself by wandering within arm's length of a Jags' DE that had been pancaked to the ground.

lol thats the excuse? they have a good defensive line? so what... so when miami plays a good defensive line they should play bad? yeah... thats it ROFLMAO

wandering? if that's slang for chased then yeah...

8 passes in total he didn't have pressure and you think it's all his fault and no ones to blame? you're a joke and an obvious fiedler hater. you may THINK i'm a fiedler supporter but the fact is i blame him as much as the next guy. i support him as a player who can improve because he HAS proved he's gotten better every season. anyone who thinks the WR are playing great and the oline is playing great is smoking something.. it's not happening at 10 positions (with the exception of williams).

Originally posted by Scarface

lol thats the excuse? they have a good defensive line? so what... so when miami plays a good defensive line they should play bad? yeah... thats it ROFLMAO

wandering? if that's slang for chased then yeah...

8 passes in total he didn't have pressure and you think it's all his fault and no ones to blame? you're a joke and an obvious fiedler hater. you may THINK i'm a fiedler supporter but the fact is i blame him as much as the next guy. i support him as a player who can improve because he HAS proved he's gotten better every season. anyone who thinks the WR are playing great and the oline is playing great is smoking something.. it's not happening at 10 positions (with the exception of williams).

The only thing that's obvious here is that you don't watch the games. I don't hate Fiedler, I simply don't think he's good enough to lead us deep into the playoffs. Your characterization of this as "hate" is juvenile and silly.
The point was that Miami's offensive line DID NOT play that badly against the Jags. The main problem the O line had was some penalties, but they didn't allow a sack---the only one that occurred was Fiedler's fault as he basically tripped. Ricky didn't have a great game, but that had more to do with him only running the ball 19 times.
Our WRs don't LOOK good because the balls are not being thrown to them accurately. I have to laugh at people who complain they aren't getting open. I suppose you didn't watch the Buffalo game when Fiedler took off running despite the fact that Chris Chambers was standing all alone downfield, waiting for a pass. Did you happen to watch the Rams/Falcons game? Bulger threw a strike to a guy that was being TRIPLE covered, had guys ALL AROUND HIM. He put it in the perfect spot and the guy caught it for a TD. That WR wasn't open by your definition, but the QB made the play and got it to him.
Frankly panzer...uhmmm, Scarface :rolleyes: you sound totally ridiculous. You are willing to accept QB play far below average for a starting NFL QB.
I've got some news for you: starting QB on the Dolphins is a desirable job. It should be filled by someone above average, not someone who struggles to REACH average.

The OLine has played like **** all season long. If Jay wasn't mobile he would get murdered back there.

I don't hate Fiedler, I simply don't think he's good enough to lead us deep into the playoffs. Your characterization of this as "hate" is juvenile and silly.

I don't think Jay detractors literally hate Jay, but typing "those who blame Jay for each and every bad thing that ever happens offensively" gets really tiresome to type. :)

Back
Top Bottom