Fiedler or no Fiedler, point is..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler or no Fiedler, point is.....

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
They need to upgrade the QB position, either at starter or backup. There's all this talk that Fiedler can be the one to lead the team, that is fine if it is the case but what if he goes down again? He hasn't played a full season yet. I don't think the Fins can afford to throw away another season on the risk that Fiedler is going to play a complete season.

The best scenario is to bring a possible starter let them battle it out and the loser will hopefully be good enough to come in and win if the starter goes down. Another 2-4 disaster with a backup just won't cut it again.

If the dropoff isn't that great the team should be able to play without missing a beat, they don't have Dan Marino anymore so it shouldn't be that difficult to fill in if you have to. Well it shouldn't have been anyway.:yell:

The thing is any person can get hurt at anytime. So you never know whats going to happen.

Is the Jeff George experiment or the Ryan Leaf experiment over in the NFL? Maybe sign one of those guys pretty cheap and let them compete. I still like Fiedler, I just don't think there is anything wrong with competition.

WHAT?? Dude, now you are reaching! I would rather have Sage than those two clowns. Are you serious?

Sage just might be the answer, he is supposed to have a lot of talent and arm strength. However considering they would rather play an injured Ray Lucas then Sage in the game against the Packers, it doesn't seem that the coaching staff has much faith in Sage at this point.

Jeff George and Ryan Leaf have about as much common sense as a pet rock. Those two battle it out for top honors of most wasted talent in the league.

The reason why Sage didn't play this year is because he wasn't in training camp till the very end (was competing for starter at one point for the skins) The coaches didn't see enough of him to be comfortable. That, and they dont have balls to go out on a limb.

Back
Top Bottom