Fiedler reconsidering leaving Dolphins??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler reconsidering leaving Dolphins???

Although I believe, and maybe clump could verify.. we could save ALOT more money against the cap by keeping fielder with a new cap freindly contract then we would by releasing him.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I think Fiedler would be great as the backup.. but like some of you have said.. i fear wanny starting feidler again.. I think in the long run it is better to just let him go.

I would have to agree.

Well, I doubt this was done without Spielman's permission. I doubt Wanny went behind his back to sabotage his plans. Besides, if Spielman really didn't want Fiedler and thought Wanny was sneaking around behind his back, he could just cut Jay outright to prove his point.

The fact is, Jay is a better backup plan than Sage or any other QB otu there. I would like the rotation of Feeley, Fiedler and Sage. I think it makes us stronger at the position than last year and with a better O-Line, could turn our offense into a tiny, mini, juggernaut.

Originally posted by Samphin
Well, I doubt this was done without Spielman's permission. I doubt Wanny went behind his back to sabotage his plans. Besides, if Spielman really didn't want Fiedler and thought Wanny was sneaking around behind his back, he could just cut Jay outright to prove his point.

The fact is, Jay is a better backup plan than Sage or any other QB otu there. I would like the rotation of Feeley, Fiedler and Sage. I think it makes us stronger at the position than last year and with a better O-Line, could turn our offense into a tiny, mini, juggernaut.

I totally agree.. .I just feel Wanny would start Jay out of some familararity or something he feels for him and not give Feely the proper chance. And as much as I supported Fiedler in the past, I am ready to move on and don't want to sit thru another year of him.

I think there is a need for an experienced QB on the roster - the only way that should be Fiedler is if he takes a pay cut and it doesn't sound likes he's interested

Right. His agent said before that Jay would return to Miami only under his current, cap crushing contract. No thanks. Even if he would be "the best backup in the league."

Can someone post a poll, to see if they want JF to reconsider or not?

I would but not to familiar with the process...

That was before he talked to wanny... if wanny can convince him that he will have a fair shot at being the starter then i think he would sign a heavy incentive loaded contract.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
Although I believe, and maybe clump could verify.. we could save ALOT more money against the cap by keeping fielder with a new cap freindly contract then we would by releasing him.

I'll verify it for you. You are absolutely right. Cap savings are very minimal unless we can convince him to restructure. We NEED his help and keeping him is our best option.

What if we talked him into a paycut and then tricked him and released him.:eek: :eek: J/k It would never happen, but it is a funny scenario anyhow.

Originally posted by unclemonty
What if we talked him into a paycut and then tricked him and released him.:eek: :eek: J/k It would never happen, but it is a funny scenario anyhow.
That would be awesome! Poor Jay.

Boy...Wanny just doesn't know when to quit does he? I admired Jay's heart but it's time to move on. Keeping him on the team, even as a back-up would just cause another controversy and be a distraction during the upcoming season. I hope the whole Wanny conversation was just a courtesy and he isn't seriously considering letting Jay come back and compete.

Looks to me like maybe there wasn't as much interest in Jay from other teams if he is really considering coming back. Sad...very sad.

I vote cut him and resign BG. He time has passed. Let him go to Dallas and watch to Tuna rip out his newly frosted locks.:egads:

A restructure does absolutely nothing to his cap hit. If you are talking about stopping the roster bonus than you are correct.

If we cut him before that bonus the only thing that counts is his accelerated bonus money. That can't change, it's already been paid so it's there.

Jay dropping the roster bonus would lower his number then to help, but why in the world would he do that?

He can get a signing bonus by going somewhere else that is money now, if he dropped the bonus from his deal then he gets nothing but his salary.

Just go away Jay!

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Just go away Jay!

I know. Talk about a cancer. Jay is a cancer. A reoccuring lump in the breast of our offence. He needs to be surgically removed and discarded as the disease that he is.

Back
Top Bottom