Fiedler was set up to fail last year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler was set up to fail last year

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Im not saying it was a conspiracy or anything so dont take it that way, but he simply was not given a chance to do something contrary to what everyone is thinking.

Reasons Jay struggled:

1. Rookie LT, Dixon did not pan out and Wade Smith was left out in the middle of nowhere trying to figure out the difference between TE and LT.

2. a LG that was coming off the most difficult injury (arguable) in all of sports. Not to mention he weighs 1000 lbs.

3. a C that is old enough to have fought in the Civil War.

4. a #2 WR that was unproven and only brought in because he was a cheap addition.

5. Jay lost his QB coach. Shula left to Bama and that really hurt Jay.

These may be construed as excuses, but if they aren't then bring in Feeley and make no other additions to the Offense. If Feeley goes to the Pro Bowl then we will know it was Jays fault. If he gets a hurt knee then we will know that it was not Jays fault.

Last point:
* if we don't get a young gun like Rivers or Henson, IMO I will feel like the QB staff as a whole was not an improvement but rather a downgrade.

I would take Fiedler, Griese, and Sage over,

Feeley, Sage, and someone like Neil O'Donnel or Scott Mitchell

:cry:
Jay has had 4 years to prove himself. Part of that time on the bench. He is injury prone and although we have sucked as a team the last two years, ( no its not all his fault)! No time for excuses anymore. Its time for a change!

Receivers-
Leslie Shepherd
Oronde Gadsden
Tony Martin
OJ McDuffie

Tight End-
Jed Weaver

Center
Tim Ruddy

Guards
Kevin Donnalley
Mark Dixon

Tackles
Richmond Webb
Brent Smith

Fullback
Rob Konrad

RB
Lamar Smith

What about when he had these guys? Was he set up to fail then too?

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Im not saying it was a conspiracy or anything so dont take it that way, but he simply was not given a chance to do something contrary to what everyone is thinking.

Reasons Jay struggled:

1. Rookie LT, Dixon did not pan out and Wade Smith was left out in the middle of nowhere trying to figure out the difference between TE and LT.

2. a LG that was coming off the most difficult injury (arguable) in all of sports. Not to mention he weighs 1000 lbs.

4. a #2 WR that was unproven and only brought in because he was a cheap addition.

These may be construed as excuses, but if they aren't then bring in Feeley and make no other additions to the Offense. If Feeley goes to the Pro Bowl then we will know it was Jays fault. If he gets a hurt knee then we will know that it was not Jays fault.

Last point:
* if we don't get a young gun like Rivers or Henson, IMO I will feel like the QB staff as a whole was not an improvement but rather a downgrade.

JF wasn't given the chance? 4 yrs isnt good enough? JF didnt deliver the 2 yrs we was the the playoffs. did he not have his chances them? JF was given plenty of chances but he failed. his inconsistency is what we dont like about him. if he couldnt be consistent & injury prone during those 4 yrs, what makes u think he will now esp at his age?

Originally posted by Dolphins_34
:cry:
Jay has had 4 years to prove himself. Part of that time on the bench. He is injury prone and although we have sucked as a team the last two years, ( no its not all his fault)! No time for excuses anymore. Its time for a change!

agreed, too bad Wanny isnt going with him.

guys i believe his argument was that he was set up to fail LAST YEAR, he didnt mention anything about the times before that...

that genetic thing is a crappy thing to say. But i do believe they handcuffed the offense in the early part of the season. isnt it obvious? all those lame sideline passes and nothing over the middle. not using mcmicheal more. going ricky up gut too many times. being predictable. yadda yadda yadda.

Ive said it before, ill say it again, Norv was not that good. Norv should have let jay do what he was doing against dallas. Jay was set up like a bowling pin, knocked down, its gets to wearing thin.

Originally posted by TerryTate
guys i believe his argument was that he was set up to fail LAST YEAR, he didnt mention anything about the times before that...
Are we just supposed ignore the years leading up to last year?

If he was set up to fail last year....then what about the 3 years before that?.........I think it's a valid line of thought.

oh ya...he was definitely set up to fail last year...everytime he over-threw a wide-open reciever...it was the recievers' fault...they intentionally slowed down...and all those times he threw those lame-duck passes...it surely was not his fault...it was the Fins players on the sidelines who all began to blow out of their mouths at the same time as a means to cause the ball Jay threw have no velocity or spiral...oh and all those times that he threw interceptions (not too mention at critical times in the game) it was not Jay's fault at all the wideouts must have wanted him to fail for sure!!!

Jay has had four years and has not gottten t done any fo them. he is injury prone, inconsisitent and just all around average.

Repeat after me: Jay is done. Jay is done. Jay is done.

Time to accpet it and move to a happy place.

Just let it go man.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Jay has had four years and has not gottten t done any fo them. he is injury prone, inconsisitent and just all around average.

Repeat after me: Jay is done. Jay is done. Jay is done.

Time to accpet it and move to a happy place.

Just let it go man.

Im perfectly happy with moving on. not a prob here. cus i just cant bear to defend what i see as reality anymore. jay was a good QB, not a great QB. and if last year was his worst, then doesnt it stand to reason that Norv handcuffing him supprots that theory? i think our offense, plain and simple, was just that, too simple. and guys like thompson couldnt even deal with that.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life

Reasons Jay struggled:

Last point:

You forgot one most very important thing, he also had to go without OG his favorite receiver.

I am just wondering if Jay was set up to fail this year ... what about Griese ... same weapons ... same crappy line .... new system.

I know the original poster wasnt making excuses but if anyone does with this line of reasoning ... then you have to say Griese got set up to fail a lot worse than Fiedler did.

Back
Top Bottom