fiedlers mobility | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

fiedlers mobility

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
i dont know if it was just me, but was fiedler not much more mobile last year. against the chiefs he stood in that pocket forever and had many opportunities to take it upfield for a qucik first down ala t.green. also fidler is very accurate on the run, many times more so than when hes still in the pocket. we need alot more bootlegs to make the defenders respect his legs again. what do the veteran fans think about this?

:monkey:
on the haters- the fish are on the move

If I remeber right, Dave W. and Norv T. didn't want Jay to take has many hits as he did the last 2 years. I think maybe his finger bothered a little bit last game, but that shouldn't have anything to do with his mobility. Jay will be fine. 1 game doesn't mean much.

I would have liked to see him move around more. He's seemed fairly stationary all season. It's a skill. They should exploit it.

I think your accurate ...we abandoned alot of things in that KC game...Fiedler's scrambling ability.... Ricky too early.....I dunno, seems odd to me that Norv didn't incorporate this stuff.....

I didn't get to watch the game, only listen, so it's hard for me to give a real in depth opinion, but from what I heard and have read, we didn't do alot of things we could/should have.

I think everybody thought that we would win this game. We went in over-confident, and it bit us in the a**. PATS are going down baby!!!

I think we should all quit rehashing the garbage that went wrong in that pathetic game and focus on the upcoming, huge weekend between the 'Fins and the Patsies as this will be a very big win for one of these teams and a huge loss for the other as they'll be on a two game skid.

All we can hope for now is that the poor play we saw last week was an anomoly and not a trend.

Originally posted by finman006
i dont know if it was just me, but was fiedler not much more mobile last year. against the chiefs he stood in that pocket forever and had many opportunities to take it upfield for a qucik first down ala t.green. also fidler is very accurate on the run, many times more so than when hes still in the pocket....

Just the other day I was thinking the exact same thing... We don't see Fiedler using his legs as much anymore when the pocket collapses or there is no one to throw to...

Also I expected to see some more plays where Jay rolls out, we haven't really seen them this year.

Originally posted by Expo88
I think we should all quit rehashing the garbage that went wrong in that pathetic game and focus on the upcoming, huge weekend between the 'Fins and the Patsies as this will be a very big win for one of these teams and a huge loss for the other as they'll be on a two game skid.

All we can hope for now is that the poor play we saw last week was an anomoly and not a trend.

You basically contradicted yourself with your post. Read the first line, and then read the last! LOL!!!:lol:

Maybe Norv is just used to the last few years when Ache-man was immoble. It may take awhile to get used to Fiedler. Remember, this is the first year in this new offense and we're doing remarkable if you look at it that way. Just wait till mid season!!!

its not rehashing old garbage. we need to know if fiedlers mentality has changed. he doesnt have to carry the team anymore, butnow he may be relaxin too much in the pocket, many successes we had last year were due to his mobility (oakland).

i dont know about midseason man. we have alot of tough games ahead. by the time midseason comes...we may be in a hole.

Back
Top Bottom